3RD tier - standing up? I think so!

Plain Speaking said:
I took my young sons to the semi and they couldn't see because of the fans in front standing up. I asked the steward to ask those in front to sit down and he said there was nothing he could do!

That's because of selfish people like the original poster not caring that if he stands up everyone in the entire stand behind has to stand too.

I'll have my OAP Dad with me for this one and am fully expecting his day to be marred by the standing up. It's not the end of the world if everyone stands all game, like at the semi, it's when people alternate between the two that things get bad.

Didsbury Dave said:
Plain Speaking said:
I took my young sons to the semi and they couldn't see because of the fans in front standing up. I asked the steward to ask those in front to sit down and he said there was nothing he could do!

That's because of selfish people like the original poster not caring that if he stands up everyone in the entire stand behind has to stand too.

I'll have my OAP Dad with me for this one and am fully expecting his day to be marred by the standing up. It's not the end of the world if everyone stands all game, like at the semi, it's when people alternate between the two that things get bad.

Totally agree DD

Totally understand why some people prefer to stand, but in the absence of standing areas, by doing so you are going to end up ruining the match for other people. If you think that's ok then go ahead but I'm not sure how you can justify it.

It caused problems for my Dad at the semi, and I also had about 5 people stood up and crammed into two seat spaces in front of me at Anfield which made it impossible my friend to see.

Luckily enough I was at the back so I could stand up because I would've been pissed of big time had I been told to sit down. Right next to the united fans and this is what was in front of me...

a26a0dc4.jpg

Even the old bird behind us was happy enough to stand up throughout. People can't get treated differently if they want to stand up, they've got right to stand up as people have rights to sit down.

geoff clipp said:
I also had about 5 people stood up and crammed into two seat spaces in front of me at Anfield which made it impossible my friend to see.
I someone attempt that in front of me at the semi (and we were all stood up) - I told him to go back to where he came from as he was blocking my view ... and fortunately he did.

Stand up at the final if you have to but for fucks sake stay at your seat!!!!

95% of fans in third tier were standing, and despite being so far away from the pitch it was my best experience EVER, not just football but in 28 years of being on this earth nothing has come close.
Enjoy the final for those of you lucky bas***ds with a ticket!!

It was shit where I was in 551. The stewards were heavy-handed and there was aggro between two groups of blues, one group wanting to stand and the other telling them to sit down. The majority never got out of their seats or even opened their mouths, except to tell others to sit down.

We had a row with the steward that made it all kick off as he refused to intervene between the fighting groups and we could see a few yard away that all the rags were stood up without anyone hassling them. My lad nearly got thrown out because of that and might well have been if Yaya hadn't scored at that moment. Some other blues crowded the stewards out in the celebration and yanked him away telling him to go to another part of the stand.

We're in the lower tier for the final and hopefully will be able to enjoy the game properly this time with proper fans that know how to support their team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.