3RD tier - standing up? I think so!

This is the reason I got lower tier tickets. I want to be able to stand up without being whinged at to sit down when we are playing our biggest game in all these years. If the 70 year old woman that comes with us and needs a stick can stand for 90 mins, so can anyone!

Why dont stadiums just bring the old standing up stands back, it would be great for those who just want to stand up and should hopefully tickets be cheaper. It would also allow more fans in stadiums then and atmosphere would be even better.
There still will be seats for those who do want to sit down

Apart from around the time of the goal and towards the end 90%+ of the upper tier were sitting down as illustrated by the picture posted above.

This is why I've got lower tier we're guaranteed to stand. Can't even remember what the last game was where I was sat down, certainly going back a few years.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It was shit where I was in 551. The stewards were heavy-handed and there was aggro between two groups of blues, one group wanting to stand and the other telling them to sit down. The majority never got out of their seats or even opened their mouths, except to tell others to sit down.

We had a row with the steward that made it all kick off as he refused to intervene between the fighting groups and we could see a few yard away that all the rags were stood up without anyone hassling them. My lad nearly got thrown out because of that and might well have been if Yaya hadn't scored at that moment. Some other blues crowded the stewards out in the celebration and yanked him away telling him to go to another part of the stand.

We're in the lower tier for the final and hopefully will be able to enjoy the game properly this time with proper fans that know how to support their team.

I was in the lower for the semi and everyone stood up for the entire game. We were on the end of a row, right next to the tunnel, too, so could wander about freely. My mate spent the 25 mins after Ya Ya's goal pacing up and down the tunnel, unable to watch.

ello_jo said:
People can't get treated differently if they want to stand up, they've got right to stand up as people have rights to sit down.

I'm in 111 so haven't sat down home or away for years, but i've no idea where you've plucked that from.

Technically you're not allowed to stand at football matches during play, so if someone complains, don't expect that excuse to hold any water what so ever.

Didsbury Dave said:
Plain Speaking said:
I took my young sons to the semi and they couldn't see because of the fans in front standing up. I asked the steward to ask those in front to sit down and he said there was nothing he could do!

That's because of selfish people like the original poster not caring that if he stands up everyone in the entire stand behind has to stand too.

I'll have my OAP Dad with me for this one and am fully expecting his day to be marred by the standing up. It's not the end of the world if everyone stands all game, like at the semi, it's when people alternate between the two that things get bad.

I agree about the whole standing up/sitting down ordeal - it is a pain in the arse, but as someone else has said, if a 70 year old woman can stand up all game then I'm sure you can.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's because of selfish people like the original poster not caring that if he stands up everyone in the entire stand behind has to stand too.

I'll have my OAP Dad with me for this one and am fully expecting his day to be marred by the standing up. It's not the end of the world if everyone stands all game, like at the semi, it's when people alternate between the two that things get bad.

I agree about the whole standing up/sitting down ordeal - it is a pain in the arse, but as someone else has said, if a 90 year old woman can stand up all game then I'm sure you can.

I can, no problem, but my Dad can't.

I stood up in the 3rd tier for the semi...I also checked with the guys directly behind me if there was a problem cos i think it's polite to do so...there wasn't so we stood and we sang all game long....made me think about moving from Colin Bell next season into the singing blocks...miles better when you stand and sing...and I'm 48 ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.