3RD tier - standing up? I think so!

I used to stand at away games as well ... when I was young, free and single!

Approaching my creaky 40th birthday and with two back operations behind me, I can't stand for very long .... plus my 5 year old boy can't see.

At the semi-final, I asked this lad in front of me if he would "sit down please" and he replied, in earshot of my son, "fuck off you rag bastard" ...... hmmmm, how does that work?

REEPERBAHN BLUE said:
What do you want to stand up on the 3rd tier for ???????
Can you not see the pitch ???????
What about people behind you ?? What about kids ??????
Why is standing up in a seated area being " loud and proud " and seems to make you a better fan ??????

Well, if you don't understand that some people want to be passionate, which is a hard feat when seated, you don't know what it is to be a football fan. For the oldies that struggle to stand now, they would have loved it at one point and the young ones too small to see, they will love it at some point. Where do you stand?

I'm on row 1 of the third tier just like I was for the semi. Those barriers are not very high so I'll be sat down. One false move and you'd be in the club wembley seats!

row 22 of 535 here

i prefer standing up, aint sat at home for years (in 117) and stand at every away

but I got tickets up there as I wasnt paying 85 quid for a lower tier ticket (which I was in for the semi)

i accept that although I prefer to stand up, I will sit down if everyone else is, I'll still have a great day out roaring the blues on

Well, if you don't understand that some people want to be passionate, which is a hard feat when seated, you don't know what it is to be a football fan. For the oldies that struggle to stand now, they would have loved it at one point and the young ones too small to see, they will love it at some point. Where do you stand?[/quote]

good post.

kenzie115 said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
In the 3RD tier for the final, I know there was a bit of a debate about this before the semi but it's different for the final.

If your in the 3rd tier expect a 6ft 4" geezer stood up, hopefully I won't be alone :)

I stood up for the semi, 3rd tier, row 19, and everyone from row 19 backwards in our block was stood up.

What's the view like up there?

I was behind the goal in the first tier for the semi, so I've no idea what to expect.

Is it like seeing over a game of Subbuteo?

I was on the first row so can't vouch for what its like at the back. The view from my seat was amazing

Like someone else on the thread, I was in 551 and there was aggro.

Let me start this by saying that if it was up to me I'd be standing at every match and I much prefer it away when everyone is standing.

However, am I that much of a **** that I would decide that I am going to stand up in the middle of 300 people who are sat (for whatever reason, it's up to them) and fuck up their day at Wembly.

No, I'm not. But there were a handful of cunts in that block who decided that they were going to do just that. I use that description because when it seemed to be pointed out to them that people behind them were uncomfortable and couldn't see (a young girl who looked, from 20 rows away, viably shaken by the goings on was one of those affected, as well as plenty of older blues) they then thought it was completely acceptable to completely ignore the views of the hundreds around them and threaten other blues, including old blokes.

Frankly, I am amazed it didn't kick off. And if it had I would have had no sympathy if these standers had got a kicking. And I am a stander myself.

It is totally out of order to put your own preference above those of the vast majority around you. Anyone who does so is a total bellend. When I am standing away, would I dream of telling everyone that they have to sit down cos I want to (I don't, but you get the idea). No, I wouldn't. My preference isn't more important than everyone else's combined.

A handful of the people in 551 were an embarrassment to the club. I couldn't give a shit if they go to every game and are the most vocal blues that you see at away matches. If you can't take into account the views of others then you are a shit human being (and a shit blue in my book too).

The stewards as well were total shite. There was about one bloke for 2000 fans and he did not fancy getting involved in all this one bit (I don't blame him on his own, he would have been ignored). I was quite a way back from all this but I think a copper appeared at one point and just gestured at people to sit down from 20 rows away and then pissed off sharpish.

I don't care how much bullshit you give it about being too passionate to sit. I bet I know blues who have been to far more games than you, far more grounds and have put far more into supporting this club than many who spout this shit. If they want to sit and the vast majority of people around them do then fucking do it. You aren't a MASSIVE blue if you refuse to an cause aggro. But you probably are a massive something.

And I repeat, I want to stand, much prefer it when we are and hope everyone is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.