3RD tier - standing up? I think so!

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Like someone else on the thread, I was in 551 and there was aggro.

Let me start this by saying that if it was up to me I'd be standing at every match and I much prefer it away when everyone is standing.

However, am I that much of a **** that I would decide that I am going to stand up in the middle of 300 people who are sat (for whatever reason, it's up to them) and fuck up their day at Wembly.

No, I'm not. But there were a handful of cunts in that block who decided that they were going to do just that. I use that description because when it seemed to be pointed out to them that people behind them were uncomfortable and couldn't see (a young girl who looked, from 20 rows away, viably shaken by the goings on was one of those affected, as well as plenty of older blues) they then thought it was completely acceptable to completely ignore the views of the hundreds around them and threaten other blues, including old blokes.

Frankly, I am amazed it didn't kick off. And if it had I would have had no sympathy if these standers had got a kicking. And I am a stander myself.

It is totally out of order to put your own preference above those of the vast majority around you. Anyone who does so is a total bellend. When I am standing away, would I dream of telling everyone that they have to sit down cos I want to (I don't, but you get the idea). No, I wouldn't. My preference isn't more important than everyone else's combined.

A handful of the people in 551 were an embarrassment to the club. I couldn't give a shit if they go to every game and are the most vocal blues that you see at away matches. If you can't take into account the views of others then you are a shit human being (and a shit blue in my book too).

The stewards as well were total shite. There was about one bloke for 2000 fans and he did not fancy getting involved in all this one bit (I don't blame him on his own, he would have been ignored). I was quite a way back from all this but I think a copper appeared at one point and just gestured at people to sit down from 20 rows away and then pissed off sharpish.

I don't care how much bullshit you give it about being too passionate to sit. I bet I know blues who have been to far more games than you, far more grounds and have put far more into supporting this club than many who spout this shit. If they want to sit and the vast majority of people around them do then fucking do it. You aren't a MASSIVE blue if you refuse to an cause aggro. But you probably are a massive something.

And I repeat, I want to stand, much prefer it when we are and hope everyone is.

agree entirely with this. i was also in that block and there was some selfish bastards who couldn't give a shit about anyone but themselves that day. felt sorry for a few people there and hope their big day didnt get spoiled too much.

that was a great post, I agree.

To be fair though, when I was at Sunderland at the beginning of the season, the chaps in front of me sat down and also got the rows in front to sit down too. In the end, I just moved to the front ;)

It amazed me when I got that abuse for asking someone to sit down. Passion has nothing to do with it, manners has. I think I stood and watched every game when I managed to see every City game home and away in 91/92 .... now I can't do that but to be given abuse and criticised for having no passion is a disgrace.

Plain Speaking said:
I took my young sons to the semi and they couldn't see because of the fans in front standing up. I asked the steward to ask those in front to sit down and he said there was nothing he could do!

stand them up on their seats, i used to do that from a very young age and i loved it. otherwise get down the gym and get beefed so you can lift them ;)

I have a confession to make. In the days when you could pay your money to stand and up and be crushed, pushed, have your toes stood on, and your leg peed on, I actually piad more money to sit down and watch the game.

Get that, I didnt realise that I was a bit odd. Clearly I must have been devoid of passion and love for my club.

Now I just pay more to stand up because the ignorant so and so in front of me persists in doing so even they probably arent old enough to remember proper passionate standing.

At the semi final a number of passionate blues were so passionate that they implored us all to stand, despite there being perfectly functional (though clearly unpassionate seating) provided. They did so to such an extent as to cause other unpassionate blues to object in no uncertain fashion.

The scene this caused literally brought tears to my little lads eyes, so much so that I am convinced I heard a sigh of relief when I broke the news to him that the ticket criteria change (dont get me started) meant that, contrary to expectation, he could no longer see the club he is so passionate about play at Wembley with a chance of winning the cup.

Still, thank heaven for those who are so passionate to "stand up cause they love city", because without them where would we be? In the land of the grown ups perhaps?

Good post by JMA. Just going back to my last post, I want to say that I in no way advocate standing when everybody else or at least, the majority are seated. No, I would never stand in those circumstances out of courtesy for those around me. Again, that's why I went on the lower tier, so I wouldn't have to sit down (which gives away the fact I wouldn't have stood blocking others view).

I'd also like to clear one other thing up. I never said seated fans lack passion, though the seated position naturally determines you can't act on that passion in a more physical nature.

Some people need to accept that were all different and choose to show our support differently.

Hard to believe that some people can be so INconsiderate of people who have been following City since before they were born, but I guess that is where we are in society these days.

That said, I thought being a City fan meant I was part of the City FAMILY and that politely asking people to sit down, especially for people behind them who were unable to comfortably stand for 2 hours, would be a non-event. I guess I was mistaken.

FYI, I was in tier 1 for the Semi and we ALL STOOD up and no-one I know asked anyone to sit. There were kids in front of me, but I think they were able to stand on their seats to see. However, I'm not sure I have it in me to stand all game in front of an OAP who has been through more than I can even imagine following City for decades, only to ruin HIS BIG DAY for the sake of me standing up.

Last I checked, I can sing and clap and cheer just as loud from my seat and I think EVERYONE expects to be on their feet a few times during the game when there is goal mouth action and goals, so either way is fine by me. Just hope SOME PEOPLE can realize this is OUR COLLECTIVE BIGGEST DAY OUT FOR AT LEAST 12 YEARS AND PROBABLY 30 YEARS!

Being a Blue means being considerate of your fellow Blues......or are we becoming smarmy arseholes like so many other clubs have? Let's hope not!

CTID

CitySlickers said:
I was in 3rd tier block 531 for the semi, we were all stood up from beginning to end, get in!

So was i my 12 yr old could see no problem stood up even with adults stood up in the row below - Steps are a lot bigger at Wembley

People were stood up all game at liverpool. Fck knows why when we were 3.0 down and wouldn't have scored if we had played for 90 days!

I am a believer that you should be considerate to those around you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.