4-6-0

If - and it's a big if - we can win our next however many games without strikers, then it could actually be to our long term benefit in that it gets our midfielders (particularly the likes of Silva and Fernandinho) to shoot more often. It's the only bit of Silva's game that fans lament - he needs to shoot more!

rogdogblue said:
The use of Navas across the front line might work. It does for Arsenal with Walcott.

I do rate the player but his finishing is too erratic even as an emergency option.

Ray78 said:
rogdogblue said:
The use of Navas across the front line might work. It does for Arsenal with Walcott.

I do rate the player but his finishing is too erratic even as an emergency option.

When you think about Johnson cutting inside on his good foot, Navas as always been played on the right and cuts inside on his weaker foot. His crosses are obviously more valued with strikers on the park.

Zab-----Demi-----Mang-----Clichy
------------Dinho--Yaya---------------
Navas----Silva----Lamp----Milner

Finest midfield the Prem has ever seen. Result: 4 Super Frank hattricks to nil.

I get the impression from Pellegrini's press conference, that we won't go 4-6-0. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pozo given another chance.

Ric said:
I get the impression from Pellegrini's press conference, that we won't go 4-6-0. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pozo given another chance.

I agree.

I got the impression he knows he will have to change how the team gets to goal, but he didn't seem a fan of the false 9 system.

I think a striker will play, hopefully Ambrose.

Ric said:

he said he'll have to change the system,which doesn't point to Pozo starting because with Pozo on the system is very much the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.