4-6-0

This is only until we get Jovetic fit, surely there is an EDS striker we can give a go like Ambrose? I'd much rather do that than potentially upset the balance of the team by randomly playing someone like Yaya up front.

kupest said:
mardon85 said:
I lost all my strikers in my fifa career and played Navas up front and kept putting through balls thought and he was out sprinting most to get on the end of them. It worked quite well.

Yes I'm only half serious but it might work..
Can't believe you are ven half serious. Navas doesn't finish well either.

Sorry, but football fans have got notoriously short memories. Navas finished excellently for us last season. Right through it. Yes, his finishing has been woeful so far this season, I don't contest it. Take another look at Navas's first against Tottenham at the Etihad last season. It had to be absolutely perfect to get in. I don't know how to put gifs on this forum, but if anybody else can put up a gif of that?

pozo is a good player but an out and out forward he isnt...he appears to be more of an attacking midfielder so any criticism of him is really quite unfair. I believe he will be a very good player in the future.

as for the forward problem we should at elast have someone from the EDS on the bench who is a centre forward for the next few games.......just to be able to change the game if we need and do start without a recognised foroward or continue with Pozo in that role (which is what i think MP will do - though you need to be careful that you dont burn pozo out as its huge pressure for a player of his age and inexperience)

sam-caddick said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
sam-caddick said:
Reading Pellegrini's latest comments in tonight's/ tomorrow's media, he does state that Pozo is not a striker and that Pozo wants to play in midfield.

He also says he will work this week with Silva, Nasri and Milner to see what the best option is going forward.

Looks like we are going all false 9 for the next few weeks or so.

I haven't seen he has said that and I would be amazed if he had.Whilst Pozo is not a striker than can play up front alone he is also not a midfield player. A number 10 or 2nd striker yes but he is definitely not a midfield player.

I think Pellegrini was alluding to Pozo being an attacking midfielder, not a central midfielder.

Pellegrini did say what he said about Silva, Milner and Nasri though, the article is on the Mail Online.

Personally, I'd go with Nasri, but I'm sure Milner would do a good job in that role if asked.

remember arthur mann said:
Bluemooner91 said:
I can't believe we have NO fit strikers, WTF?!!?? It would be quite funny if it wasn't so annoying. Maybe we could put Ambrose on the bench? Could we do that?? Should we do that???
Sir Curtley ?
Yeah, we could use him to just bowl the ball into the net ;)

One Positive to come out of this is it will serve as a kick up the arse of the EDS players. If any of the out and out front men had been knocking on the door they would have a golden opportunity now. Given the way squad lists work this situation could come round again and again. Pozo is clearly well regarded but a loan strike role is a challenge for him.

Hiwula is unlucky (in a way) that his Yeovil loan did not go so well as he has the type of build / game we need right now.

Ambrose?

Cole?

I wonder what they are thinking right now?

Unfortunately a couple of our reserve strikers that would be ready to step in for our main strikers are out on loan. Devante Cole is with Barnsley and has 4 goals in 18 appearances, John Guidetti is with Celtic and has 11 goals in 15 appearances and Jordi Hiwula is actually just back from Yeovil Town. Pozo doesn't appear to be the kind of footballer who can play up top on his own and I can see him being molded into a Nasri/Jovetic type player in the coming years. Personally I would of loved to have seen John Guidetti been given a chance. Pellegrini showed interest in him when he was manager of Malaga so it surprised me and many other City fans when he was given to Celtic on deadline day. He's scored goals/made an impact every time he's been playing up front whether it be Celtic or Feyenoord and looks like a real passionate guy. Apparently City have applied for a work permit this week for the young Nigerian centre forward that we played in America during pre-season, Kelechi Iheanacho. This kid looked like a real handful against Sporting Kansas & AC Milan and confidently smashed in a penalty against Liverpool from what I remember. If I was Pellegrini I'd be getting onto Txiki about trying to get Kelechi into the first team ASAP but things are easier said than done at City!

This is a situation that concerns me a lot - it's got me posting on here again, so it must be bad!

The next 4 games are all winnable in the sense that with a fit Aguero, Jovetic or Dzeko you could be fairly confident of us getting the points. That would mean 11 straight wins, which is title winning form in anyone's language. But, and it's a big but, this team is based on goal scoring. Attacking football is what City are all about now and I don't think we have a plan B. So we need strikers. Nasri needs to be an Aguero stand in for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.