4-6-0

I think he'll play with Pozo again but looking at some of the teams suggested I think we could make it work with the attacking midfielders we have available.

One things for sure it won't be as bad as the last time we experimented playing with no strikers under Stuart Pearce!

Any team that involves Kolarov upfront is doomed to fail.

Play Pozo, keep possession and take advantage of corners and free-kicks

Blue Hefner said:
Any team that involves Kolarov upfront is doomed to fail.

Play Pozo, keep possession and take advantage of corners and free-kicks

If we rely on that we're going to be in trouble. Not got a corner ball past the first man in 3 years.

Whilst i'd like to see us try a 4-6-0 formation, i don't think Pellegrini is actually going to try this. I expect him to start Pozo upfront again against Palace. We're lucky we've got some of the lesser teams in the next few games as i don't think we could play our january fixtures with just Pozo upfront. i hope txiki will be working overtime to have somebody suitable lined up to come in ready to play on the 1st Jan onwards, even if we get somebody back before then, we can't play the rest of the season with the players we have now and risk this happening again in the run in.

Reading Pellegrini's latest comments in tonight's/ tomorrow's media, he does state that Pozo is not a striker and that Pozo wants to play in midfield.

He also says he will work this week with Silva, Nasri and Milner to see what the best option is going forward.

Looks like we are going all false 9 for the next few weeks or so.

sam-caddick said:
Reading Pellegrini's latest comments in tonight's/ tomorrow's media, he does state that Pozo is not a striker and that Pozo wants to play in midfield.

He also says he will work this week with Silva, Nasri and Milner to see what the best option is going forward.

I haven't seen he has said that and I would be amazed if he had.Whilst Pozo is not a striker than can play up front alone he is also not a midfield player. A number 10 or 2nd striker yes but he is definitely not a midfield player.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
sam-caddick said:

I haven't seen he has said that and I would be amazed if he had.Whilst Pozo is not a striker than can play up front alone he is also not a midfield player. A number 10 or 2nd striker yes but he is definitely not a midfield player.

I think Pellegrini was alluding to Pozo being an attacking midfielder, not a central midfielder.

Pellegrini did say what he said about Silva, Milner and Nasri though, the article is on the Mail Online.

I remember moyes playing this formation away at city for everton. Just shows that he was a genius ahead of his times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.