4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pep doesn't rate him he has to go this summer. We need a proper backup for Rodri who's being run into the ground.

I actually thought last night was perfect for him to be introduced.
There is never going to be a "proper backup".

Every team that Pep has ever managed has had a player, usually the DM playing 60+ times a season. Busquets, Lahm and Alonso all come to mind.

Rodri would have to be carted off the field for Pep to consider Kalvin.

So why sign him then?
Probably the same reason we signed players like Mahrez, Ake, and Grealish for ridiculous amounts when we didn't actually need them.

To stockpile players while we were still able to spend?
Possibly buying in anticipation of possible transfer bans?
Because little or no new 'product' was likely to progress to the first team from the academy?

Txiki Bergiristain moves in mysterious ways... Especially when he's spending someone else's money.

Last edited:
So why sign him then?
Well that, I don't know.

Fernandinho left and we would have had a big pile of scouting reports and its easy to see why Pep might have picked Kalvin.

English, experienced, managed by Bielsa, English, managed by Bielsa.

There is never going to be a "proper backup".

Every team that Pep has ever managed has had a player, usually the DM playing 60+ times a season. Busquets, Lahm and Alonso all come to mind.

Rodri would have to be carted off the field for Pep to consider Kalvin.
"Rodri would have to be carted off the field for Pep to consider Kalvin."

Disagree, Rodri is obviously first choice but in the last few seasons he is running on fumes in the run in, Phillips has been an utter disaster of a signing, and even now he is fit, Pep does not trust him.

"Rodri would have to be carted off the field for Pep to consider Kalvin."

Disagree, Rodri is obviously first choice but in the last few seasons he is running on fumes in the run in, Phillips has been an utter disaster of a signing, and even now he is fit, Pep does not trust him.
Have I missed something.
What are you disagreeing with?

My comment is saying Pep will keep running Rodri into the ground and it would literally take a severe injury for Pep to not play Rodri and instead pick Phillips?

Have I missed something.
What are you disagreeing with?

My comment is saying Pep will keep running Rodri into the ground and it would literally take a severe injury for Pep to not play Rodri and instead pick Phillips?
I think even if Rodri was unfit , Phillips would not get the call.

I’m beginning to question if Pep actually wanted Phillips, Alvarez and maybe even Haaland too.
Doesn’t matter. He’s earned the right to stockpile and pick whoever he likes.

Thanks to Txiki, two of those could be sold on at a huge profit. Probably £150m profit between them before taking account of amortisation.

This is the way we roll at the apex of the pyramid. It’s big business where normal football rules don’t apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.