4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His shoulder issue was fixed before the World Cup hence why southgate took him on the plane. So i'm not having that one sorry

He basically had a 4 week holiday in Qatar and came back overweight and unfit.

This is Premier League champions Manchester City he's playing for now, maybe he would've got away with that at Leeds, but not here. Simply not good enough and don't think he has a leg to stand on really.
maybe that's precisely why he should be given time

If only we had someone in the academy who was pl ready.. remember that lavia kid who's now bossing southamptons midfield week in week out...

Piss poor decision from the board to get rid of him and spunk 40 mil on phillips.
I am sure Lavia would have loved to be glued to the bench, instead of playing 90mins every weekend for Southampton.

His shoulder issue was fixed before the World Cup hence why southgate took him on the plane. So i'm not having that one sorry

He basically had a 4 week holiday in Qatar and came back overweight and unfit.

This is Premier League champions Manchester City he's playing for now, maybe he would've got away with that at Leeds, but not here. Simply not good enough and don't think he has a leg to stand on really.
it is his first season , most get eased in on their first season with pep , we can revisit next season

Rodri struggled during his start to life at City, but at least everyone could see that he had ability. He was press-resistant, was a good passer. He had good performances in big games, even in his first season. Both legs against Madrid and even away at Anfield, for example.

I think the absolute best case we can hope from Phillips is that he becomes a useful utility man like Delph. Struggling with fitness is one thing, but I just haven't seen any sign of the requisite technical ability on the ball or the tactical nous off it to play as the pivot in a Guardiola team, which is one of the most demanding roles in world football. 45m is steep for a bit player, but we have to bite the loss and invest in a proper backup for Rodri.

I just haven't seen any sign of the requisite technical ability on the ball or the tactical nous off it to play as the pivot in a Guardiola team

And you devined that from the full 21 minutes he's played in the league so far, did you?

If you can play as a pivot for Bielsa, you can do it for Pep.

Why is he not being played? This guy was doing great for Bielsa's more intense system. I feel Pep is alienating a lot of players by not playing them . Alvarez and him would both be wanting to leave.

Not doing the lad any good freezing him out. Rodri needs a break and he isn’t being introduced. Pep doesn’t trust an England international player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.