4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall Sergio saying that Pep was very strict when it came to his weight, stopping him from playing if he was a fraction over the target he had set, and setting your stall out is a good thing. I am hopeful that Kalvin can come back from these early set-backs and go on to be a top player for us.

Good grief, some of the comments here. KP looks the same. He can't have been "overweight" by more than a pound or two, the kind of thing that different scales can be misleading about. Maybe he was weighing himself on his home scales and the medical scales at City revealed he'd gone slightly over his target.

Pep got in a snit (possibly due to frustration around hiw much Phillips has been unavailable so far) and threw a player under the bus. I realise everything St Pep says or does is beyond reproach for many City fans but he's far from perfect. I think this public humiliation was entirely the wrong approach and dealing with it privately would have been far preferable for all concerned.
You’ve made a lot of that post up to suit your narrative. Stick to the facts.

Haha, good point.
And I am now going to set you the World's Shortest Essay: “Evaluate Benjamin Mendy's career at Manchester City Football Club.”
I wanted him flirting after his abysmal display against Wolves away, followed shortly after with him turning up for a match with the most ridiculous hairstye I have ever seen.

Overweight. For Pep to go at his player in public he must be absolutely fuming. It’s rare he does it, if ever.

Phillips needs a major second half of the season.

Oh, he was fuming, alright. Just look at his eyes when he's asked that question. But what's not quite being said enough on here, he was uncomfortable, and initially tried to fend it. He didn't throw Phillips under the bus or any such thing — in the way Mourinho used to — but when the journo pushed him (the journo smelt blood, fair enough, that's his job), he said it like it was. That is the be-all and end-all of it.
It's not disgraceful from Pep. It's not disgraceful from Phillips either, come to that. He's given a second chance. Either he takes it or he walks away from the most successful club in the country.

Oh, he was fuming, alright. Just look at his eyes when he's asked that question. But what's not quite being said enough on here, he was uncomfortable, and initially tried to fend it. He didn't throw Phillips under the bus or any such thing — in the way Mourinho used to — but when the journo pushed him (the journo smelt blood, fair enough, that's his job), he said it like it was. That is the be-all and end-all of it.
It's not disgraceful from Pep. It's not disgraceful from Phillips either, come to that. He's given a second chance. Either he takes it or he walks away from the most successful club in the country.

I think it’s a big overreaction everywhere but Pep will have known that would happen which makes it even stranger. I feel sorry for Phillips because as somebody else said, it could be different scales giving different measurements etc.

It’s a shame that it’s started the way it has - injuries now this - and hopefully he can come back from it all.

One thing that can get to fuck is the media attention to this compared to a 15 year old girl being hit by a bottle full of coins. Has it ever been so evident that those scouse cunts get away with it?

Can we change his thread title to run fat boy run -:)

In all seriousness, typical overreaction from the media. Pep will do what he thinks is best to get a reaction out of Philips. Slow crap start for him. This maybe the push he needs to up his game. Not at Leeds anymore. If you want to play for the best you need to make huge sacrifices. So stay away from Shaw. Not more late night trips to mc Donald’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.