4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a little overweight, way to early to be writing him off as a crock.
It took Gundogan well over a year till he was playing regularly and now is barely ever injured.

It's incredibly frustrating and I can understand Pep's anger. Kalvin needs to be spotless from now on, because Lavia is right there as an option for us.

Walker , Foden and Grealish ( among others) have made stupid unprofessional decisions, as long as he eats well from now gets fit and stays fit he will help us alot this season.

Good grief, some of the comments here. KP looks the same. He can't have been "overweight" by more than a pound or two, the kind of thing that different scales can be misleading about. Maybe he was weighing himself on his home scales and the medical scales at City revealed he'd gone slightly over his target.

Pep got in a snit (possibly due to frustration around hiw much Phillips has been unavailable so far) and threw a player under the bus. I realise everything St Pep says or does is beyond reproach for many City fans but he's far from perfect. I think this public humiliation was entirely the wrong approach and dealing with it privately would have been far preferable for all concerned.

Our run of games in January is insane, we need every player possible available to step up & help out.

Good grief, some of the comments here. KP looks the same. He can't have been "overweight" by more than a pound or two, the kind of thing that different scales can be misleading about. Maybe he was weighing himself on his home scales and the medical scales at City revealed he'd gone slightly over his target.

Pep got in a snit (possibly due to frustration around hiw much Phillips has been unavailable so far) and threw a player under the bus. I realise everything St Pep says or does is beyond reproach for many City fans but he's far from perfect. I think this public humiliation was entirely the wrong approach and dealing with it privately would have been far preferable for all concerned.
I don't think any manager would do it for a one-off situation (well maybe Mourinho). The way Pep flagged it seemed as if it is a recurring theme. Personally, I think Phillips is in the last chance saloon. Where does Bellingham fit in? This may be your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.