4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Pep's statement is more of a dig at the Engerland setup, player goes off to Qatar in good nick after a long rehabilitation, comes back overweight, for sure the player should take ownership, but the culture, attention to detail and motivation for fringe players on the road may well be an issue

I think he"ll be on the bench tonight and will get a run.

I then expect him to kick on and be a vital part of the squad going forward.

I think he"ll be on the bench tonight and will get a run.

I then expect him to kick on and be a vital part of the squad going forward.
Doubt he'll be in the squad after what Guardiola said the other day, more likely the naughty step for at least a couple of games. Already happened to Aguero, Yaya and Nasri.

I wonder if Pep's statement is more of a dig at the Engerland setup, player goes off to Qatar in good nick after a long rehabilitation, comes back overweight, for sure the player should take ownership, but the culture, attention to detail and motivation for fringe players on the road may well be an issue
I was surprised to hear how slack England's training was for the squad members who weren't expecting to play. Basically light drills and a few set-piece sessions outside of the core 15 or 16 expected to play.

I was surprised to hear how slack England's training was for the squad members who weren't expecting to play. Basically light drills and a few set-piece sessions outside of the core 15 or 16 expected to play.
I think at this point it's pretty well known what the requirements are, weight-wise, for each player coming into training. By all accounts they are weighed religiously and they know that they have to be within that guideline. The guys know when they are due back, they know their numbers so if they're not personally putting in the work before coming back to hit that number they are accountable personally. I feel a bit disappointed in Kalvin on this one, he has missed so much football at a new club, he played pretty much fuck all while away with England. If there was any player that should have been motivated to do that extra work and get back before he had to, surely it was him. Imagine he came back early, in shape and trained his arse off, played against Girona and then started against Liverpool as well? That's what he should have been aiming for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.