4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying it took Rodri 18 months!! Nonsense he was decent from the off, it took time to get up to the speed of the league but it was obvious he was quality .

Fascinating to have 80 pages (more than most of our first 11) and such dramatic views on a lad who has played 24 minutes of Premier League football for us.

As with most players we sign under Pep, and especially in this case because of his injury, I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season.

From what I saw at Leeds, Kalvin has the basic qualities needed to do a job here, like his tackling and passing range, and he's always seemed like a lad with a good head on his shoulders and a willingness to learn and improve.

Doesn't mean he'll be a success, but I find it beyond a joke and utterly disingenuous to judge him already and make calls about loaning him out or getting rid entirely.

People saying it took Rodri 18 months!! Nonsense he was decent from the off, it took time to get up to the speed of the league but it was obvious he was quality .
From the first 10mins of that community shield final vs pool you could tell he was going to be a top player. Phillips has played about 300 mins so far and looks like he belongs at a mid-table team. Id sell him this summer.

Fascinating to have 80 pages (more than most of our first 11) and such dramatic views on a lad who has played 24 minutes of Premier League football for us.

As with most players we sign under Pep, and especially in this case because of his injury, I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season.

From what I saw at Leeds, Kalvin has the basic qualities needed to do a job here, like his tackling and passing range, and he's always seemed like a lad with a good head on his shoulders and a willingness to learn and improve.

Doesn't mean he'll be a success, but I find it beyond a joke and utterly disingenuous to judge him already and make calls about loaning him out or getting rid entirely.
The fact that he’s played so few minutes tells its own story though.

He was unlucky with his injury, or rather how it was initially handled, but he had a fantastic opportunity to work on his fitness at the World Cup, and importantly the chance to do this without missing any further games for City.

How many players would typically get that chance in the middle of a season? It was a unique opportunity for him to get himself into contention, and he completely wasted it by coming back in worse shape than when he left.

We’re an elite club and we need elite players, but this bloke is miles off it I’m afraid. He was diabolical against Southampton and Guardiola clearly doesn’t trust him given how few minutes he’s played. The biggest problem though is that, for some reason, we gave him a six year contract, so we’re stuck with him now. Hopefully he does improve and offer something, because if he doesn’t he’ll prove a very expensive mistake.

From the first 10mins of that community shield final vs pool you could tell he was going to be a top player. Phillips has played about 300 mins so far and looks like he belongs at a mid-table team. Id sell him this summer.
Right but what do we do if we sell Phillips? Spend £40m on another back-up DM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.