4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth do you expect us to make a profit on a player we signed last year and have barely seen on the pitch?

If we get rid this summer, it would be a loan with an option to buy to Leeds, West Ham or another mid table club.

The only way we'd even come close to making our money back is if he has a good second half of the season, in which case why would we let him go?
Loads of players go through a bad season or a move that doesn't work out. Kalvin is young, English, track record, good player. His injury stuff is minor. Just annoying. £35m-£40m from Newcastle/Everton, easy peasy. That's what I believe. Sometimes you get a player for cheap because the selling party is not in a strong position. Internal reasons, finances.... the contract might be old and undervalue the player, your hold on them is not that water tight. City would also have worked to get in well ahead of other teams.

But if it doesn't work out... Kalvin and City have a firm, up to date contract, he'd have a choice of destination, and City would likely have more than one bidder. There's only four CL clubs, and they pick their individual targets. But there are six to eight clubs in the next bunch trying to catch them. Player, manager, owner turnover is high, so there's loads of moves in the market, and Kalvin is exactly the sort of player they prize.

I thought this kid would do ok here,a perfect back up to Rodri,but for whatever reason the move just doesn't seem to be working out.
Yes he's been injured,but even in the glimpses we have seen of him he appears to be well out of his depth and not remotely in tune with the rest of team.

I think it best all round if he returns to his more natural surroundings and we find the reliable quality that we need.

Bernie
Gundo
Philips

Out

Bellingham
Maddison
Lavia

In

I thought this kid would do ok here,a perfect back up to Rodri,but for whatever reason the move just doesn't seem to be working out.
Yes he's been injured,but even in the glimpses we have seen of him he appears to be well out of his depth and not remotely in tune with the rest of team.

I think it best all round if he returns to his more natural surroundings and we find the reliable quality that we need.

Bernie
Gundo
Philips

Out

Bellingham
Maddison
Lavia

In
He may have the talent but doers he have the mentality, the latter is just as important as the first.

He clearly pissed off Pep with his condition/attitude post WC, not a good thing to do considering he was missing for 1/2 a season.

There are still plenty of games this season but it seems he isn't really pushing himself to get back into contention.

He may have the talent but doers he have the mentality, the latter is just as important as the first.

He clearly pissed off Pep with his condition/attitude post WC, not a good thing to do considering he was missing for 1/2 a season.

Ive just caught up with @tolmie's thread.......wow!

Seriously tho - when is it going to happen? He has to show up, demand to play, make Pep feel he's missing out.

Otherwise he's a straight forward quick sale for a profit this summer - and there will be plenty of opportunities to replace him.
We wont turn profit from his sale. His value has diminished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.