4 passes goal.... 3 passes goal.

Sometimes we look almost constipated (yes I know, a bit urghh but it's the only word I could find to describe it).
And when we do attack in the way we did yesterday all the creative juices start flowing.

Yuk!! Lol ;-)

Marvin said:
Yes, but what you forget is that for the opening goal half the Norwich team was on the edge of our penalty area - in other words the play was stretched when we won the ball

What do you do when the opposition sticks ten behind the ball and retreats into the penalty area. You stay patient. And when you get the first goal, they have to come out

Nothing better than scoring in the second minute. Doesn't half change a game plan and guarantees a complete oppo mindset change. And if yer can bang one in two mins later . . . . . . .

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Marvin said:
Yes, but what you forget is that for the opening goal half the Norwich team was on the edge of our penalty area - in other words the play was stretched when we won the ball

What do you do when the opposition sticks ten behind the ball and retreats into the penalty area. You stay patient. And when you get the first goal, they have to come out

Nothing better than scoring in the second minute. Doesn't half change a game plan and guarantees a complete oppo mindset change. And if yer can bang one in two mins later . . . . . . .

Stops the fecker's growing into the game as well by making them think they are world beaters. Crack the nut early that really screws them up.

'It's when we're struggling to break teams down that I think we're struggling this year'.

You can say that ^ again Uwe lol's

If Joe could kick like schmiecle (sp) could throw...we'd take 4/5 players out in one hit...would'nt be 10 in the penalty area then and perhaps the 10 blocked shots v Reading would have greater gaps to travel through. For every action.....

mackenzie said:
Ducado said:
What has been happening in a lot of games is that we have been given the opposition time to defend in numbers, by being pedestrian in attack!

Absolutely.

everyone with have a brain cell plus knows this.

unfortunately its only bob and his staff can get the players to do this in a match.

last year with kompany being banned and the toures on anc duty, we were forced to play the lad savic who wasnt mentally ready for the prem (thats a nice way of saying after his first big mistake he shit his self every time he had the slightest pressure). it was at this time that we defended deeper and stopped moving the ball from defense to attack at speed. it wasnt till all seemed lost that the handbrake came off.

i`m hoping the sunderland game was the catalyst for this years assault on the title. certainly the norwich game gives me great hope.

i`m just hoping its not a false dawn and we revert to playing the slow boring shit that has seen us fall 7 points behind the dispicable filth

r.soleofsalford said:
mackenzie said:
Ducado said:
What has been happening in a lot of games is that we have been given the opposition time to defend in numbers, by being pedestrian in attack!

Absolutely.

everyone with have a brain cell plus knows this.

unfortunately its only bob and his staff can get the players to do this in a match.

last year with kompany being banned and the toures on anc duty, we were forced to play the lad savic who wasnt mentally ready for the prem (thats a nice way of saying after his first big mistake he shit his self every time he had the slightest pressure). it was at this time that we defended deeper and stopped moving the ball from defense to attack at speed. it wasnt till all seemed lost that the handbrake came off.

i`m hoping the sunderland game was the catalyst for this years assault on the title. certainly the norwich game gives me great hope.

i`m just hoping its not a false dawn and we revert to playing the slow boring shit that has seen us fall 7 points behind the dispicable filth

I agree. However, I'm not holding my breath.

Fat Chance said:
'It's when we're struggling to break teams down that I think we're struggling this year'.

If Joe could kick like schmiecle (sp) could throw...we'd take 4/5 players out in one hit...would'nt be 10 in the penalty area then and perhaps the 10 blocked shots v Reading would have greater gaps to travel through. For every action.....

I don't think anyone could throw as well as schmiecle he was top draw ;-p

Uwe Roslers Grandad said:
Fat Chance said:

I don't think anyone could throw as well as schmiecle he was top draw ;-p

'If Joe could kick'...

Joe's distribution is very good

And you are way off the mark if you think City sometimes deliberately play a slow build-up. This is much more a consequence of the way opposing teams set-up to play us

Instead of attack v attack as it was at Newcastle and Norwich it's attack v defence

I'm repeating myself. I'd have thought the point was obvious. We've been struggling with this for about 12 months. Some teams like reading and Sunderland are even more determined and defensive than others, and when we play them the build-up will be slower like it or not.

Marvin said:
Joe's distribution is very good

And you are way off the mark if you think City sometimes deliberately play a slow build-up. This is much more a consequence of the way opposing teams set-up to play us

I'm way off the mark am i?...i've seen City players knock the ball back to the halfback with nobody remotely on em (ffs)....seen YaYa quick pass the ball back to a team-mate (stood still when receiving and when the pass was made) not because of some unamed euro footballing genius but because he did'nt want the fuckin thing with him being lunged out. Joe's kickings that swell he ducked the ask from Clichy v scum which led to the mither.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.