40M Bid from Corinthians

forevermancity said:
skillman said:
BlueJill said:
thats ideal but Atletico would be stupid to do it. Tevez is much more expensive and not as good.

Silly comment, Aguero is good but Tevez is great at this moment in time.
Silly comment, aguero at this moment in time is playing quality for argentina, tevez...well...isn't

Aguero is one of the worlds best strikers...as is tevez...but sergios attitude is world class too... That makes him the better option for us short and long term

Agreed but the original quote was saying that Tevez wasn't 'as good' as Aguero and attitude doesn't enhance your ability as a player. If that's the case, pay Dickov out of retirement.

Also, you can say Tevez's attitude is bad all you want but when have you seen his head go down ON the pitch or when have you seen him not give 100% on the pitch? You haven't and, in my opinion, attitude on the pitch means a lot more than attitude off it. Ronaldinho at Barcelona for example, was out partying a lot of the time but still managed to be the best player in the world.

skillman said:
forevermancity said:
skillman said:
Silly comment, Aguero is good but Tevez is great at this moment in time.
Silly comment, aguero at this moment in time is playing quality for argentina, tevez...well...isn't

Aguero is one of the worlds best strikers...as is tevez...but sergios attitude is world class too... That makes him the better option for us short and long term

Agreed but the original quote was saying that Tevez wasn't 'as good' as Aguero and attitude doesn't enhance your ability as a player. If that's the case, pay Dickov out of retirement.
Spot on Carlos will take some replacing.
Also, you can say Tevez's attitude is bad all you want but when have you seen his head go down ON the pitch or when have you seen him not give 100% on the pitch? You haven't and, in my opinion, attitude on the pitch means a lot more than attitude off it. Ronaldinho at Barcelona for example, was out partying a lot of the time but still managed to be the best player in the world.

Surely the only thing making City hesitate over a 40m offer is doubts over the payment methods/style? I don't think we'll get a better offer unless maybe if Malaga come in for him.

okstate99 said:
Manx Blue said:
SSN...just mentioned we'll be happy to accept less than £50m if he ends up in South America.

That is interesting. As long as he stays in South America. lol.

Well I think we hold most of if not all all the cards...But I also think the club realises there has to be a bit of give and take to a degree. So I can only assume there will be some form of sell on clause installed into any agreement.

Said it before and will say it again you never ever accept the first bid, shouldn't accept the second either, but if they are that desperate with only 4 days to the window shutting for South American teams they will come back. I agree this has more to do with how the money is paid rather than the amount. It may also have something to do sell on clauses. If it ain't done by Wednesday won't be done and he will have to think of going somewhere else, maybe why TH was saying this week is going to get nasty.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:48 pm --<br /><br />Its being reported that 44m Euros, deal to be completed in next hour. Fucking suspicious but there you go.

i will be happy with Tevez to go to corinthians. it will mean he is close to his family and then he wont be with one of our rivals. it makes sense.

This is where FFP could work in our favour. If we disclose how much Tevez was sold for, then that's what we offer for Aguero, stating that we can't spend more than we received.

As long as they aren't paying it over 10 years or something stupid then take the money and hand it straight to athletico for aguero!!! Bobby did seem fairly confident about the aguero deal??

spacecadet said:
skillman said:
forevermancity said:

Spot on Carlos will take some replacing.

I take it you'd just come back from a heavy session before writing this nonsence...............Of course having the right attitude enhances your ability- that was about as dumb a statement as i've seen here. Styles, Keegan, Robson etc would never have made it to be world super stars without more attitude than their ability.
As for Tevez, sure he had the attitude of 'giving his all' - but, given the amount of club moves he's generated, you could have a sneaking suspicion its motivated by the 'shop window' senario, rather than brand loyalty.
Without doubt he believed he was bigger than our club. He was greedy and selfish, to the detriment of team play and success.
Even if he wanted to stay, Id prefer Aguero - and I think his team mates would too.

40 million with 4 millions in addons is good enough as long as the payment plan is sensible. The telegraph are also saying tevez may give up significant bonuses he is owned to make the deal happen.

Just get rid and move on I say get ageuro in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.