40M Bid from Corinthians

Guardian suggesting the latest bid still isn't enough?

Manchester City will sell Carlos Tevez to Corinthians if the Brazilian club make an improved offer above the £39m they lodged on Friday, with the hierarchy at Eastlands prepared to countenance a price below their stated valuation of £50m because he would be playing outside Europe.

City are also mindful to take a compassionate view of the 27-year-old's desire to move back to South America to be near his family. It is thought that if a further £3-5m was offered, the City captain would be allowed to leave.

Corinthians may have to act quickly and make a third bid over the coming hours due to their self-imposed deadline of Sunday. The transfer window in Brazil closes on Wednesday and Andrés Sanchez, the Corinthians president, has said that if the deal does not happen by Sunday it cannot happen this year.

While Real Madrid are the only other club who retain a firm interest in Tevez, City are relaxed about the situation. Although they would not ideally want to keep an unhappy player at the club they would be prepared for the Argentina forward to still be a City player on 1 September when the transfer window closes, as there are no doubts regarding his commitment whenever Tevez plays.

For fuck sake! SELL him , I dont want a "want away" player in the team this season.

how stupid are we? SELL SELL SELL

We should know today (Sunday) if Corinthians, will sign Carlos or not. They said he would have to sign by sunday to be registered. Even though the Brazilian market for international transfers doenst close till July 20th, it seems it takes three days to process them. Dont ask me.

Daily Star saying Malaga will make an offer. Probably just a terrible paper putting 2 and 2 together, but we'd definitely get the most money from them.

I'd take the offer and whatever the people in charge at Corinthians are smoking while it's early enough to find a replacement and get him integrated in the team. City have now reached a status where they can afford not to tell a player to fuck off if he doesn't want to be there, unlike a couple of certain north London clubs.

Andouble said:
Daily Star saying Malaga will make an offer. Probably just a terrible paper putting 2 and 2 together, but we'd definitely get the most money from them.

That sounds promising too. Malaga certainly have the money. Whether Tevez would put family before club in this instance is a different matter - given that Malaga are a work in progress.
Somehow I doubt it.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:11 am --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:
johnmc said:
Why not just swap tevez for aguerro

Because Athletico want cash, not Carlos.

'johnmc' - benefit of the doubt here - you didn't think that one through before posting did you?

Why are people saying "take the money" as if it's being wafted under our noses in a Samsonite. Joorabchian's history of dodge pot dealing, money laundering, asset stripping and cavorting with the Russian mob whilst at Corinthians I wouldn't have anything to do with that offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.