40M Bid from Corinthians

BobKowalski said:
Andouble said:
if the Telegraph are to be believed, this is what is holding it up (well, aside from them probably having no money)

City had responded to that offer with an email of acceptance, requesting only that the first of four payments be brought forward from the start of next year to the end of this and asking that the Brazilian side furnish them with a bankers’ draft as proof of funds.

Corinthians, who have promised to provide City with proof of their television revenues, have only until 4am BST on Thursday to sign Tévez before the Brazilian transfer window closes.

Said a couple of days back that I thought this deal would never fly unless Corinthians paid up front as City cannot accept any instalment deal without bank guarantees and there isn't enough time for these guarantees to be underwritten.

That said if both parties do want this deal to happen then you could get Tevez going out on a temporary loan and convert that to a permanent transfer once the guarantees are in place.

Also Corinthians will have known City would want guarantees so they may have lined something up prior to the bid and may just get everything into place before the deadline.

All of this assumes that Corinthians can get the guarantees because if they can't this has been one colossal waste of time.

I would NOT contemplate a loan under any circumstances. City need a permanent solution to the Tevez issue, even if that means a cut-price sale to some European team.

I might add that, in my opinion, some posters are deluding themselves in placing all the blame on Joorabchian.

Kia/Corinthians are playing games make no doubt about it, they will try and say city are moving the goal posts for one simple reason and that's because we hold all the aces in this transfer. It's being dictated on our terms and that is why Corinthians who are pushed for time will be saying we are making it hard, in doing so they will be hoping Tevez mumbles stuff about the club to push the issue.

Sorry if this has already been posted but we could still end up with Tevez. with tevez's supposed clause in his contract he can not be sold to a another club in Europe in the first two years and with the Brazil transfer deadline day on Wednesday (20th July) and with a deal still in talks it might not go through and we may still end up with tevez, and with Sergio Aguero looking closer and closer every day we may end up with Tevez and Augero. Although im not sure when the Argentinian deadline day is it may be on the 20th im not sure. because Boca Juniors may be in the drivers seat if it is not the 20th.

He will not leave until a suitable replacement is found.

Dzeko and Ballotelli are good prospects if they stay relatively injury free but you don't find players with the goal scoring ability of a Tevez over a long period of time easily.

talkativesprout said:
lmjones1uk said:
If they can't agree to our terms then I hope City tell them to piss off and make Tevez see out his contract, we are stronger with him than without, especially if we add Kun

I think he can buy himself out for £20 mil after next season

Yeah your correct, its called Article 17:

Part of Fifa's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, Article 17 grew out of European Commission regulations on freedom of movement for workers and allows footballers to break their contract once a "protected period" has expired.

For those younger than 28 when they signed their contract, they must be three years into their deal - the 28 and overs can use it after just two years.

It does not act as a get out of jail free card though - the player must pay compensation to their club which is worked out based on wages and their original transfer fee. But since their new club can get them for no official transfer fee, they should not be short of a bob or two to pay their previous employers.

Players must give notice that they plan to use Article 17 within 15 days of the final league game of the season.

If we get £40M + for Tevez and the payment structure is right then I wouldn't bother about any clause that allows him to move back to mainland Europe. I'd insist on a clause that he doesn't get sold back to England though. Even if he just had 1 year in Brazil then moved to Spain or Italy they wouldn't make any profit on a 28 year old.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am --<br /><br />
mancity1 said:
He will not leave until a suitable replacement is found.

Dzeko and Ballotelli are good prospects if they stay relatively injury free but you don't find players with the goal scoring ability of a Tevez over a long period of time easily.

Aguero.

Time is running out for this deal to go through.

I suspect that is not likely Tevez will not be in the starting eleven against Swansea at Eastlands but who knows?

mancity1 said:

I suspect that is not likely Tevez will not be in the starting eleven against Swansea at Eastlands but who knows?

Nope Can't see Tevez in a City shirt again. If the Corinthians deal falls through there'll be other candidates, I'm sure of it.

dom said:
mancity1 said:

Nope Can't see Tevez in a City shirt again. If the Corinthians deal falls through there'll be other candidates, I'm sure of it.

Have to agree albeit reluctantly as I know he will perform on match days as he always does despite the noises he and his advisers make from time to time off the field

Glad to see we're playing hard ball. Reporter on SSN says we want an agreement in the deal so that he cannot play for another European team in the next 2 years, lets see if its not just a stepping stone to Madrid or Inter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.