40M Bid from Corinthians

okstate99 said:
More twitter updates from South America.

Cynegeticus Paulo Freitas
Lance! says #Corinthians are stalling the Tevez transfer because #MCFC want 10m€ now, but the Brazilian club can only pay that next year.
11 minutes ago

@Cynegeticus
Paulo Freitas
The 10m€ #MCFC want now according to Lance! is the first installment of the four ones #Corinthians have to pay to sign Tevez.
7 minutes ago via web

Exactly what we thought.. 10M a year.. Kia has that much in his bank account. He pocketed part of that transfer fee we paid to get Tevez.

And no I dont know who Lance is. lol

If Corinthians cannot pay 10m euros now then they shouldn't have wasted our time making a bid. To be honest though I can see them being able to scare up up 10m so doubt that will be the stumbling block. Its the remaining balance which will make or break the deal.

BobKowalski said:
okstate99 said:

Cynegeticus Paulo Freitas
Lance! says #Corinthians are stalling the Tevez transfer because #MCFC want 10m€ now, but the Brazilian club can only pay that next year.
11 minutes ago

@Cynegeticus
Paulo Freitas
The 10m€ #MCFC want now according to Lance! is the first installment of the four ones #Corinthians have to pay to sign Tevez.
7 minutes ago via web

Exactly what we thought.. 10M a year.. Kia has that much in his bank account. He pocketed part of that transfer fee we paid to get Tevez.

If Corinthians cannot pay 10m euros now then they shouldn't have wasted our time making a bid. To be honest though I can see them being able to scare up up 10m so doubt that will be the stumbling block. Its the remaining balance which will make or break the deal.

if this deal does get done there's no chance we'd ever collect all 40 million. It'll be alright in the books but these jokers will never give us our money.

It won't happen imo

It doesnt take an Oxford graduate to work out, how the hell can a Brazilian team afford to splash out 40m on a player.
I think most of us wanted to believe it rather than thinking realistically. Plus the transfer dealing for them is this week which is too soon to complete such a huge deal.

TBH, i couldn't give a fuck what happens to Tevez. I just want Aguero so badly, which is why i want Tevez gone, so we can buy him.

If we somehow sign Aguero before Tevez leaves, and we cannot find a buyer for Tevez, i wouldn't care in the slightest what happens to him, and won't bother even reading the Tevez transfer threads.

Andouble said:
BobKowalski said:
okstate99 said:

if this deal does get done there's no chance we'd ever collect all 40 million. It'll be alright in the books but these jokers will never give us our money.

Agreed which is why City are demanding bank guarantees on the balance which as I said I can't see Corinthians getting done in time. Option then is to do a temp loan and convert to a transfer when the guarantees are in place. It won't get done without the guarantees on the balance and all parties know this.

Express' spin on the issue:

Manchester City are understood to be demanding that Corinthians agree to a clause in the deal that prevents Carlos Tevez from moving back to Europe in the next two years – plus a cut of the fee on any future sale after that period has expired.

And, because the player has asked for the move, City are refusing Tevez’s demand to pay up the signing-on fees due on the remaining three years of his five-season contract.

Corinthians and Tevez now have 24 hours to agree to the clauses before the transfer window in Brazil closes – or the deal will be off.

City still have suspicions about the deal and want to guard themselves against the embarrassing scenario of Tevez and his agent Kia Joorabchian engineering a move back to Europe in the next two years at a higher price than they have agreed with Corinthians.

LoveCity said:
Express' spin on the issue:

Manchester City are understood to be demanding that Corinthians agree to a clause in the deal that prevents Carlos Tevez from moving back to Europe in the next two years – plus a cut of the fee on any future sale after that period has expired.

And, because the player has asked for the move, City are refusing Tevez’s demand to pay up the signing-on fees due on the remaining three years of his five-season contract.

Corinthians and Tevez now have 24 hours to agree to the clauses before the transfer window in Brazil closes – or the deal will be off.

City still have suspicions about the deal and want to guard themselves against the embarrassing scenario of Tevez and his agent Kia Joorabchian engineering a move back to Europe in the next two years at a higher price than they have agreed with Corinthians.

Well done City..that's exactly what we need to do

jaden19 said:
It won't happen imo

It doesnt take an Oxford graduate to work out, how the hell can a Brazilian team afford to splash out 40m on a player.
I think most of us wanted to believe it rather than thinking realistically. Plus the transfer dealing for them is this week which is too soon to complete such a huge deal.

TBH, i couldn't give a fuck what happens to Tevez. I just want Aguero so badly, which is why i want Tevez gone, so we can buy him.

If we somehow sign Aguero before Tevez leaves, and we cannot find a buyer for Tevez, i wouldn't care in the slightest what happens to him, and won't bother even reading the Tevez transfer threads.

This^^^ Aguero NOW - we can sort Carlos out later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.