#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Foden's not going to play then put him out on loan. If he isn't good enough to make it from the academy the no kid ever will be again.

If Foden's not going to play then put him out on loan. If he isn't good enough to make it from the academy the no kid ever will be again.

We are 4 games into the season. He will get his opportunities this season, but lets get the machine well oiled first. Pep had his reasons for not starting him or subbing him on yesterday, because we don't know what the reasons are, we get these kneejerk posters saying he needs to go out on loan. Patience is needed.

Pep not playing foden (or anyone outside the first team) despite being 3-0 up and the game seemingly dead, it seems the only way foden might start a competitive game is if all variables are perfect, i.e foden impressing, midfield depth injuries, and cannon fodder opposition. I don't think he's the type of guy to take a big gamble, or maybe he feels Phil might be pushed into the deep end too quick, too soon. At the core of it, I don't think Pep trusts him, and I don't think all his public comments about the matter are particularly constructive.

Perhaps Pep has decided he doesn’t think Phil is quite good enough yet?

Has anyone entertained such a possibility?

Even worse, maybe he will never be good enough?

They are all legitimate questions, and like I have said previously, I’m trying to take the emotion out of it and understand this from a football managers point of view.

As a group of fans, we are assuming he must be good enough because we really want him to be, because he’s local, because he’s a city fan. There is lot of romance in the story.

Im sure Pep rates him highly but clearly not highly enough at this moment to displace senior squad players.
Didn't pep say he is the best player he has ever seen at his age?

Pep not playing foden (or anyone outside the first team) despite being 3-0 up and the game seemingly dead, it seems the only way foden might start a competitive game is if all variables are perfect, i.e foden impressing, midfield depth injuries, and cannon fodder opposition. I don't think he's the type of guy to take a big gamble, or maybe he feels Phil might be pushed into the deep end too quick, too soon. At the core of it, I don't think Pep trusts him, and I don't think all his public comments about the matter are particularly constructive.
If he didn't trust him why take such a huge risk against Spuds last season?

then i fear a bit for his development. 5/10 mins here and there wont do anything for him
11 starts last season. I reckon he'll get more this season.

5-10 minutes here and there is also pretty great experience for him. He's just starting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.