#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat there yesterday watching the game and thought about Silva quite a bit. I dont think he had a great game, in fact no one really did. He is still a good player but clearly because of his age his performances have dropped off a bit this last season. I don't think he links up as well with Gabby as he does with Aguero. And as his pace has dropped a bit and this shows when he plays alongside Gundogan as the whole team seem to play at a slower pace. Shame Foden didn't start in the middle. Wonder if he will play a part this Wednesday?
Dave played well,you don't have to put him down to put your case for phil

Sorry I disagree, this is a forum to discuss opinions on our club. Every fan is entitled to an opinion and I fully respect Karen's opinion, in fact I enjoy reading her posts. I simply asked her opinion on how many games she thinks Foden has to start to substantiate her thoughts that he will take over form Silva in 4mths time. 14 games left is not many considering he has only played 250 odd minutes in the previous 24 games this season?

Karen said he would be taking over Silva's role at the end of the season, Pep hasn't said this as far as I am aware? Personally I have some big doubts given the amount of time he plays in the PL at present?
Pep has said we won't be buying in to replace dave,we know who our new magician will be,phil

Foden needs to play in some big games
United or spurs would be a good start this week
David Silva has had two good games in about 20 against villa and Fulham
Leagues gone so perfect time to give foden 5 or 6 games in a row
Players like sancho maduson and grealish are no better but they play every week
Grelish is 24 !

Today ?

I didn't see it that way at all, I thought he curbed his "bull in a china shop" way of playing when he comes on late, and actually relaxed into the game, and he played the percentages better, I actually thought he was better than David today. He got into some very good positions, he and Angelino worked well together with David and also Gundogan. He wasn't 90 miles an hour, but I see that as "improvement" as sometimes he just tries too much, and to be part of this team, he has to play for the team, and not try to impress too hard.
He was. Are there some saying otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.