#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he actually do?

I don't know what game people saw if they think that was a good Foden performance, he has had WAY better performances for City.

He didn't even create much this game, and failed to get on chances from Sterling (can say he was unlucky).

Seriously, go on r/soccer and you'll see so many fans say Foden was poor today, not that the game plan helped him of course, the whole team played poorly, nobody stood out.
If you think your going to get a neutral opinion on reddit soccer, you're in for a bad time.
It's mostly made up of American dippers

Check how many games Phil has started since winning the U-17 World Cup Player of the Tournament. Soon after his England debut with 2 goals, Pep only started him 2 games out 7. Phil's brilliance is not due to Pep. Far from it.
You do know that Pep is a "Manager" and not someone who just picks the best 11 players for every game don't you". Its a squad game and the team played over 60 games last year, perhaps you would like him burnt out by his mid 20's by playing every game he is available

Fucking joke taking him off.The lad is capable of brilliance and he lights up a game,he was the only one who genuinely looked like he could open up their defence,and yet dickhead hauls him off.

Southgates fallguy,similar to what Pep does with Bernardo.
It wasn't just the removal of Phil which was ridiculous. It was the timing too. We'd just got up a head of steam and that change, with Sterling coming right, totally disrupted the limited rhythm we'd built.

That, combined with a team selection that seemed more designed to protect himself from criticism, means that I have big questions about Southgate now.

It wasn't just the removal of Phil which was ridiculous. It was the timing too. We'd just got up a head of steam and that change, with Sterling coming right, totally disrupted the limited rhythm we'd built.

That, combined with a team selection that seemed more designed to protect himself from criticism, means that I have big questions about Southgate now.
I've always had them,he'd rather not get beat than go for the win.A bottle job.

Now ????

You do know that Pep is a "Manager" and not someone who just picks the best 11 players for every game don't you". Its a squad game and the team played over 60 games last year, perhaps you would like him burnt out by his mid 20's by playing every game he is available
Involved in 41 league games in first 3 years out of a possible 114. For such a talent (U-17 WCup player of tournament) one in 3 isn't enough. He didn't start that many of them either. Hardly burn out. Pep didn't do that to Messi at same age. Last season, Phil was up to 28 out of 38 but not so many starting. Every time the media raved about Phil, Pep benched him. The guy is now 21. It's scandalous how under-used he has been. Pep's team selections recently have been bizarre, costing us 2 trophies and losing some credibility. Time that Pep learned to manage himself better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.