#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the City players lives a life of an acetic monk, but, hopefully, their private affairs are kept private and conducted with other consenting adults.
If only every player had the professionalism of a david silva, gundo, rodri or bernardo, but alas thats never going to happen.

I guess the main thing you can hope for is that their 'on the pitch' performances grab more of the headlines than off the pitch. Unfortunately, Grealish has failed in that department so far, so we cling on to the hope that Foden doesnt go down that route too.

If only every player had the professionalism of a david silva, gundo, rodri or bernardo, but alas thats never going to happen.

I guess the main thing you can hope for is that their 'on the pitch' performances grab more of the headlines than off the pitch. Unfortunately, Grealish has failed in that department so far, so we cling on to the hope that Foden doesnt go down that route too.
Heard a lot of people say Silva used to be a bit of a ladies man and a party animal in his younger days. But by all accounts a true gentleman while doing so.

I miss him so much

Heard a lot of people say Silva used to be a bit of a ladies man and a party animal in his younger days. But by all accounts a true gentleman while doing so.

I miss him so much
As I’ve said before, David Silva was known to love a beer and be one of the last men standing at the bar. Richards said as much in one of those MOTD podcasts.

Tolmie, in another thread, hinted to Foden having some company and hangers on that he needs to get rid of. I hope he does.

Well he was mates with Greenwood for years and him and Grealish seem pretty close so I can imagine his social group isn't exactly packed with great minds and consummate professionals.

That being said, Bernardo was close mates with Mendy for years so it's not necessarily a reflection on him.

I really, really hope he doesn't buy into the whole knobhead culture of some of the English lads and throw his potential away.

I really, really hope he doesn't buy into the whole knobhead culture of some of the English lads and throw his potential away.

This and only this.

He is an exceptionally talented young player. The question he still has to answer is whether he can be an exceptionally talented young MAN.

The jury is still out, if you’ll pardon the pun, and yet some people still wonder why City likes to blood their youngsters slowly and carefully?

We live in a “hyper” world, where the velocity of information changes lives every day.

Greenwood went from hero to zero after a social media post and a 1 minute audio clip. He now faces years behind bars and the ruination of a brilliant, burgeoning career in football for one of the most famous clubs in the world appears to be over.

Fingers crossed that Foden can navigate his 20s in a manner that reflects well on himself and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.