#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where he needs to be, imo.. Receiving the ball on the half turn is where he excels. Still think he's playing well.
That’s exactly what for me has made him shone right from an early age. He receives the ball on the half turn and his first thought is nearly always forward, something you rarely see in an English player.

undoubtedly but in the future. he needs to still improve his decision making before pep trust him there
I take your point but whenever he’s played there more recently he’s shown the maturity to do that. Think the main reason he’s not playing there is he’s the only one who gives us genuine width down the left and we’ve already got 3 brilliant number 8’s

I take your point but whenever he’s played there more recently he’s shown the maturity to do that. Think the main reason he’s not playing there is he’s the only one who gives us genuine width down the left and we’ve already got 3 brilliant number 8’s
no not really many times he is playing as a false 9. if you look at when he gets to play midfield it is mostly in irrelevant games and if games are already won. I still think he needs to improve his decision making. for example one of the mazy runs he did started near our half way line with 3 players surrounding him and when our 6 was ahead of Foden and only our CB's were behind him, if he lost the ball there it was a certain goal, pep would not like that at all.

I fear we are expecting too much from him, I'm not sure if he is going to progress to the levels some of our fans hope.

He has been a little disappointing this season and I hope he can step up his game in the business end of the season.

I don't think the false 9 position benefits him though in all fairness

Posted without comment.

FK2OwU5WUAQ_xeP
What about BT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.