#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted without comment.

FK2OwU5WUAQ_xeP
Raz's thoughts as he took that free kick late in the Fulham game :)

he has learned to slow down yes. but still he dribbles too often in dangerous areas and tries the hollywood pass too often. he will make it at 8 when pep plays him any important game but that will take time as I said
This losing the ball thing and Pep is actually a bit of a myth. Yes he loves possession but I’ve seen it used as an excuse for Grealish barely beating any fullbacks all season. KDB gives the ball away plenty, certainly compared to Gundo or Bernie. He’ll be starting any big games when fit for Pep though.

This losing the ball thing and Pep is actually a bit of a myth. Yes he loves possession but I’ve seen it used as an excuse for Grealish barely beating any fullbacks all season. KDB gives the ball away plenty, certainly compared to Gundo or Bernie. He’ll be starting any big games when fit for Pep though.

That is called the Pep's budget. Every game certain players are "allowed" to make more dangerous move.

For example, when KDB is on the pitch, you can notice Cancelo makes fewer risky pass and stays more in position.

I don't see any red flag of Foden's performance.
This season Foden played much more game time than the previous season. He is not a robot. Players get tired and so.

Tough night for him. Granted they had the bus parked in the box, his passing was off the mark from the go. Needs to keep his head down until he gets out of this little slump he's in.

Doubt it happens this year but I want to see him play centrally. Put him next to Gundogan and in front of Rodri vs Norwich this weekend. He showed in the CL run last season that's where he really thrives.

False 9 is always a thankless task. Especially against an opponent that parks the bus.

Thought he looked off his game tonight and hasn't been at his best for a little while.

He's young and learning and getting through the difficult stuff is what will make him better.

Last season he was imposing himself on games but he seems to be going missing quite often this year. Wonder if it's the position he's playing or a drop in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.