#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an off game last night,which surprised a lot of us,he'll be back.
He never really made an impression, and he's just the kind of player who could plot the downfall of a packed defence. I thought on more than one occasion last night just how sublime David Silva was - but then we had a goalscorer supreme who would feed off the 'reverse' pass to perfection.

False 9 system is yielding great results for us as a side but it seems to have a negative impact on whoever is up top, be it foden, KDB or grealish.

He never really made an impression, and he's just the kind of player who could plot the downfall of a packed defence. I thought on more than one occasion last night just how sublime David Silva was - but then we had a goalscorer supreme who would feed off the 'reverse' pass to perfection.

We will get one this summer to fire some in I’m sure

The position he’s given does not suit him. Phil needs to be running at players. Playing up top he has no space but his work rate also seems to have dropped sadly but again probably his position.

pep knows best so Phil just needs to get on with it like Jesus did.

False 9 system is yielding great results for us as a side but it seems to have a negative impact on whoever is up top, be it foden, KDB or grealish.
This......I do feel for the player who gets assigned the false 9 position on game day, as invariably they become the sacrificial lamb to create time & space for others at the expense of their own individual performance.

Doesn't matter if you stick talented players such as KDB, Foden or Grealish they invariably struggle in this position.

Now that Delap is fit again, it would be interesting if Pep would consider putting him in the 9 position but I feel he believes the aforementioned 3 offer more in their overall game play & match strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.