#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he’s had a poor winter considering the trajectory he was heading in the last few years. He seems to have stood still a bit this season and not kicked on. And I’ve heard a few stories about him off the pitch which are disappointing.

But second half yesterday, he played deeper and was much better for it. He’s not a centre forward, it’s not suiting him playing there. Last season he looked like one of the most exciting left forwards in world football and we’ve stuck Grealish there more often this season who hasn’t looked anywhere near as good as Foden in that position and Foden has played more as a centre forward where he hasn’t shone.

In the second half at Norwich he was more influential on the team when he was picking the ball up in midfield and being a playmaker, than he’s been as a cf for ages. Much better second half yesterday than he’s been for a while.
Yep, all of that. The injury he picked up at England training took him a long time to recover from and hrs now getting back to his best.

Rather ALL players have periods where their form drops.
Niggling injuries,personal issues, tactics, can affect players at any time. Bernardo was off for a while when he was unhappy, Stones , when he had personal issues, KDB, when he had injuries all had a fall off in standard.

Foden has been incredibly challenged by Pep, playing wide, now as a false 9, he didn't play those positions coming through the Academy, so I believe his performances have been exceptional, still a lot to learn and increase his goal output.
When a CF arrives, he will have great experience and knowledge to draw upon, pep wants him to be aware of how to find space( has said it many times), especially when he eventually becomes that attacking midfielder .
Form is temporary....

I wonder when Phil is moved back to midfield and plays a deeper role. What level can he get to.

Saw some recent Liverpool matches and thiago looks a player reborn. Never rated but the way he is playing recently. If he carries on that form he will soon be the best midfielder in the world.

His passing close control ability to control midfield is special. I wonder can Phil be as good.
Lol, reborn and better than our midfielders , no , just no

I wonder when Phil is moved back to midfield and plays a deeper role. What level can he get to.

Saw some recent Liverpool matches and thiago looks a player reborn. Never rated but the way he is playing recently. If he carries on that form he will soon be the best midfielder in the world.

His passing close control ability to control midfield is special. I wonder can Phil be as good.
Gearhead1981

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.