#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please just stick him on the left wing. Much better player out there

It’s the only position in which he’s looked like an elite player - he’s nothing like David Silva, no matter how much people in our fan base have wanted him to be.

It’s the only position in which he’s looked like an elite player - he’s nothing like David Silva, no matter how much people in our fan base have wanted him to be.
Agree at the moment it’s where he needs to be instead of false 9 or on the right. Long term I think he’ll end up the best number 8 we’ve had since the takeover. Once he starts playing there regularly he’ll go to another level as he’s got everything to be the best 8 in the world.

Phil seems to have a calmness in front of goal and has recently scored some important, close in goals due to his close control and decisiveness.

I am wondering whether he could actually play as a conventional striker for us? He is quick enough but is not going to dominate in the air. Worth a try?

Great anticipation for the goal yesterday and also he’s so calm in front of goal. Reminded me of the Sporting one where he sat the keeper down before hitting it then yesterday taking a touch and giving himself an easier finish.

Much better on the left, though.

To be fair he’s only 21. David silva at 21 was also playing on the left and not the same player as when he was at city.

takes years to develop into an elite central midfielder. Fodens barely played in midfield - when he has he’s been good

fucking David Silva tell you what he will do ,score more goals than him that a given and he passes the ball forward and actually can go past a player or two most overrated player in City’s history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.