#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be put back on the left wing or in midfield. Completely wasted as a false 9/No 9 unless we play sides as poor as the rags or Sporting Lisbon

Needs to be put back on the left wing or in midfield. Completely wasted as a false 9/No 9 unless we play sides as poor as the rags or Sporting Lisbon

We're shoehorning Grealish onto the left so there's no room for Foden there, unfortunately.

I think Grealish would be more effective as one of the 8s
I think perhaps next season it might move towards being Grealish or Gundogan as the left 8, KDB or Bernardo as the right 8. Foden on the left, Mahrez on the right, cover from Sterling and Jesus (if they don't leave!) for both flanks, and a striker up front. Or if we play false 9 then one of those who miss out in their main position in any given game can cover there.

I love Phil most on the wing, and Jack in that left half-space, and their ability to link up.

Just because players can play multiple positions, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to play them where they're most effective.

I could be being bias here, but I think it's Pep trying to teach Phil all areas of the game before dropping him deeper. I genuinely believe they are sacrificing one season to improve his all round game. Next season is when I expect pep to decide with Phil where his position will be and he will kick on from there. Again, this could be giving Pep too much credit and he just likes Phils pace and workrate for closing down, but he's top 3 in this team now and I can't believe he's wasting such talent for any other reason.

I could be being bias here, but I think it's Pep trying to teach Phil all areas of the game before dropping him deeper. I genuinely believe they are sacrificing one season to improve his all round game. Next season is when I expect pep to decide with Phil where his position will be and he will kick on from there. Again, this could be giving Pep too much credit and he just likes Phils pace and workrate for closing down, but he's top 3 in this team now and I can't believe he's wasting such talent for any other reason.

There will be reason of why Pep playing Foden as F9 right now, even though he looked like been wasted i think it's been very important as part of his overall development of the game because he is still young, he can still learn and adapt many thing for his game.

He can afford one "bad season" while still young this season, it's all part of his learning process to get through that experience and became a better of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.