#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be being bias here, but I think it's Pep trying to teach Phil all areas of the game before dropping him deeper. I genuinely believe they are sacrificing one season to improve his all round game. Next season is when I expect pep to decide with Phil where his position will be and he will kick on from there. Again, this could be giving Pep too much credit and he just likes Phils pace and workrate for closing down, but he's top 3 in this team now and I can't believe he's wasting such talent for any other reason.
No disrespect but I think you’re hugely wrong. Do you really think with so many trophies up for grabs and us neck and neck with Liverpool Pep is thinking I’ll just leave Phil there because he’ll be a better player next season?

Phil’s natural game is to come short and receive the ball to feet. Against Palace in a really important game Phil played upfront. There was barely any dropping short hence him only having 9 touches as he was in the box all the time. Despite barely having a kick he played the full 90 whilst Jesus and Sterling remained on the bench. Now if he wasn’t following Pep’s instructions do you think he wouldn’t have been subbed after 60/70 minutes?

No disrespect but I think you’re hugely wrong. Do you really think with so many trophies up for grabs and us neck and neck with Liverpool Pep is thinking I’ll just leave Phil there because he’ll be a better player next season?

Phil’s natural game is to come short and receive the ball to feet. Against Palace in a really important game Phil played upfront. There was barely any dropping short hence him only having 9 touches as he was in the box all the time. Despite barely having a kick he played the full 90 whilst Jesus and Sterling remained on the bench. Now if he wasn’t following Pep’s instructions do you think he wouldn’t have been subbed after 60/70 minutes?
Agree with those points you’ve made there.

Very good cameo from Phil on Sunday, full of energy and scored a peach of a goal. I just wish Pep would play him on the left for the rest of the season, this is where he can cause the most damage running at the fb and creating chances.

He's still only 21. This is a pertinent fact that many seem to overlook. We're not likely to see his best football for another four-five years, that's the reality. Iniesta, whom Phil is often compared to, was in and out of the Barcelona team at 21. Modric was considered a Real Madrid flop at 26; he's now regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of all time, with a Balon d'Or on his mantelpiece.

Long story short, our Phil is doing fine. He's a unique talent. That goal he scored on Sunday, you could count on one hand the number of players in the Prem capable of scoring a goal like that. It was world class. And we will see sporadic flashes of that world class ability while Phil is still for all intents and purposes a baby. Once he matures into a defined position (the consensus is he will drop deeper as he progresses, and I tend to agree), we will see that world class ability in every single game.

I can say with utmost sincerity, I wouldn't swap him for any other player on the planet.

He's still only 21. This is a pertinent fact that many seem to overlook. We're not likely to see his best football for another four-five years, that's the reality. Iniesta, whom Phil is often compared to, was in and out of the Barcelona team at 21. Modric was considered a Real Madrid flop at 26; he's now regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of all time, with a Balon d'Or on his mantelpiece.

Long story short, our Phil is doing fine. He's a unique talent. That goal he scored on Sunday, you could count on one hand the number of players in the Prem capable of scoring a goal like that. It was world class. And we will see sporadic flashes of that world class ability while Phil is still for all intents and purposes a baby. Once he matures into a defined position (the consensus is he will drop deeper as he progresses, and I tend to agree), we will see that world class ability in every single game.

I can say with utmost sincerity, I wouldn't swap him for any other player on the planet.
I didn’t remember Modric being considered as a flop in his early days at Madrid but it seems as though you’re right

As for Phil, I completely agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.