#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundo and De Bruyne rightly have those places locked down for now. I think it'll be next season when we see Foden and Grealish regularly play together if at all, unless Pep moves Foden out to the right (I've always preferred Foden on the right anyway).
They will both play on either wing I imagine.

Will hit 50 goals for City long before he turns 23 at this rate. That's a frightening prospect. Don't think he'll overtake Sergio by any means but he could conceivably end up being the highest-scoring non-striker we've ever had.
I personally think he will beat aguero which is madness from a midfielder

There were two things that opened my eyes wider than normal last night - Wycombe's goal and then Foden on the ball. There were a couple of times when I thought "He's been learning some tricks from David Silva. Silva used to switch the play by spinning on a one peseta piece and Foden did that last night. It's taken him a while to find a one peseta piece down Stockport but last night he was sublime.

Gundo and De Bruyne rightly have those places locked down for now. I think it'll be next season when we see Foden and Grealish regularly play together if at all, unless Pep moves Foden out to the right (I've always preferred Foden on the right anyway).
Don’t get why you prefer him on the right. He’s the only player at the club who can stretch the pitch when on the left and beat people on the outside. Yes he’s done well against the scousers twice when there but in general I think that’s despite being there rather than because. That goon Southgate completely wasted him during the Euros by sticking him somewhere he’d hardly been playing for us. Leading to highly paid pundits coming up with the laughable claim we were lacking pace with him out wide. Instead of noting that from the left where he wasn’t having to constantly cut back he’d been skinning fullbacks for months by going past them at pace.

I think long term the right of a midfield 3 will prove to be his best position. That way he’s not stuck too wide and out of the game. He’d still have the space to go both ways but then it’s easier for him to use his phenomenal shooting as we seen last night.

That was a noticeable difference in Foden last night. He kept the ball very well and didn’t keep trying to force it. In the final 3rd you want to see him try things as he has ability very few have. He’s the best option for the number 8 role now but also the best option on the left of a front 3. Unbelievable talent.
I felt it was other way around. KDB was the one who was more cautious

I felt it was other way around. KDB was the one who was more cautious
Well, Kev isn’t capable of dribbling at the level Phil can but Foden was brilliant at keeping it simple when needed last night and retaining possession outside the final 3rd. Final 3rd he should be anything but cautious anyway. KDB might end up playing deeper so it could be a good thing for him to begin to add to his game.

He only needs 18 more. He might hit it while he's still 21, and he's not 22 until the end of this season! I think he might do it.

Might do it this season? I think I'll be surprised if he doesn't!
He scored 16 all comps last season and have to fancy him for 20+ this time round. Older, better, more minutes etc etc

Well, Kev isn’t capable of dribbling at the level Phil can but Foden was brilliant at keeping it simple when needed last night and retaining possession outside the final 3rd. Final 3rd he should be anything but cautious anyway. KDB might end up playing deeper so it could be a good thing for him to begin to add to his game.
yep KDB was trying to make the pre assist rather than making the percentage assist ball that he usually tries while Foden was the one trying the high risk balls and this gave a good balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.