#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it can be easy to forget he's still only 21 and it's still early in his career, bad games every so often at this age are expected.
He has had some incredible performances in his career. ESPECIALLY in the big games. I think he's at his best on the left of a front 3 like he was playing at the end of last seasons.

Had a bit of a stall this season which could be down to the nature of progression, his young age or playing in all manner of positions.

He's still shown signs of absolute brilliance so nothing to worry about. I expect he'll be back firing next season when he doesn't have to sacrifice himself at the 9 position.

He has had some incredible performances in his career. ESPECIALLY in the big games. I think he's at his best on the left of a front 3 like he was playing at the end of last seasons.
Its baffling as in my opinion he is head and shoulders our best left forward. Playing him up top makes us weaker in the left and no stronger in the 9 than if Jesus played there.

Its baffling as in my opinion he is head and shoulders our best left forward. Playing him up top makes us weaker in the left and no stronger in the 9 than if Jesus played there.
I agree he's our best left forward. The problem is who do we play as the false 9 if Foden is on the left? I think KDB would be our best option but then you lose his creativity and his influence on the game. It would definitely work in certain games though and I'm surprised we haven't tried it more given how successful it was at times last season.

I agree he's our best left forward. The problem is who do we play as the false 9 if Foden is on the left? I think KDB would be our best option but then you lose his creativity and his influence on the game. It would definitely work in certain games though and I'm surprised we haven't tried it more given how successful it was at times last season.
Personally for the majority of the games now, I would just play Jesus there, put Sterling and Grealish back on the bench and play Foden on the left and Mahrez on the right. If he is shit then one of those two can come in for him but Foden and Mahrez don’t move positions to accommodate anyone.

Rodri
De Bruyne
Silva
Foden
Jesus
Mahrez

That would be my front 6.

I’d say he’s the most important player at the club. Hopefully will go on to be the greatest player at the club.

Personally for the majority of the games now, I would just play Jesus there, put Sterling and Grealish back on the bench and play Foden on the left and Mahrez on the right. If he is shit then one of those two can come in for him but Foden and Mahrez don’t move positions to accommodate anyone.

Rodri
De Bruyne
Silva
Foden
Jesus
Mahrez

That would be my front 6.
I like the sound of that but there must be a reason why Gabby decided he wants to predominantly play as a winger now, possibly due to a lack of confidence in front of goal. Then again, he's such a selfless player that I don't see him complaining if Pep asks him to play there.

I like the sound of that but there must be a reason why Gabby decided he wants to predominantly play as a winger now, possibly due to a lack of confidence in front of goal. Then again, he's such a selfless player that I don't see him complaining if Pep asks him to play there.
He can’t be any worse than the other false 9’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.