#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine how good this lad will be if haaland rocks up, him on the left haaland up top. Best mates in no time.

Personally for the majority of the games now, I would just play Jesus there, put Sterling and Grealish back on the bench and play Foden on the left and Mahrez on the right. If he is shit then one of those two can come in for him but Foden and Mahrez don’t move positions to accommodate anyone.

Rodri
De Bruyne
Silva
Foden
Jesus
Mahrez

That would be my front 6.

Foden and Mahrez are both not good at receiving with back facing the goal due to their size and body weight. We saw it displayed in the 2nd half of last away game in Madrid. Jesus could not receive with back facing center backs as well (he can manage it if he moves to the right wing) and he also could not drop very deep to receive the ball and make half turn like Foden as a F9. This will result in difficulty to move ball up the pitch.

If we have a big tall center forward in the middle, it will be a totally different story.

Had a bit of a stall this season which could be down to the nature of progression, his young age or playing in all manner of positions.

He's still shown signs of absolute brilliance so nothing to worry about. I expect he'll be back firing next season when he doesn't have to sacrifice himself at the 9 position.
We need to go back to basics and ask Kev to do a job as F9 for the rest of the season. Foden Mahrez back out wide and Bernardo, Gundo and Rodri midfield.

otheriwse I feel we will be short In Europe again

He can’t be any worse than the other false 9’s.
He plays quite well as a false 9. It’s when he plays as a proper 9 where he’s looked anonymous.

If you watch the Norwich away game back you’ll see the difference between the two. In the first half at Norwich he was barely in the game playing as a proper 9; but in the second half he was dropping deeper and moving wider playing as a false 9 and was much better.

His best position is as a left forward though. I think he’s much more suited to playing wide because of his pace and skill. I actually think his passing and shooting is the weakest part of his game so playing centrally (either in the front three or in midfield) won’t suit him as much.

He’s a better left forward than Sterling and Grealish .

He plays quite well as a false 9. It’s when he plays as a proper 9 where he’s looked anonymous.

If you watch the Norwich away game back you’ll see the difference between the two. In the first half at Norwich he was barely in the game playing as a proper 9; but in the second half he was dropping deeper and moving wider playing as a false 9 and was much better.

His best position is as a left forward though. I think he’s much more suited to playing wide because of his pace and skill. I actually think his passing and shooting is the weakest part of his game so playing centrally (either in the front three or in midfield) won’t suit him as much.

He’s a better left forward than Sterling and Grealish .
His passing is superb

We need to go back to basics and ask Kev to do a job as F9 for the rest of the season. Foden Mahrez back out wide and Bernardo, Gundo and Rodri midfield.

otheriwse I feel we will be short In Europe again
Tbf the reason we were short in Europe last year had nothing to do with our attack, it was Pep losing his head and playing no holding Midfielder

If he hadn't we'd probably have our first Champions league already

Just seen Savic is still waiting for Phil in the car park.

jerry-springer-kung-fu-hillbilly.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.