#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a winger. Doesn't have the pace/strength(yet) to consistency get by fullbacks.

Still like him as our 9 despite some average performances there as of late and long term dropping a bit deeper.

he’s shown he does have the pace and strength to be a winger. He destroyed Dortmund, PSG and Brighton last season on the wing. The Brighton game in particular he ran past most of there team. I must be watching a different player

long term he’ll be in midfield, but he’s consistently been great on the wing

The virtue I feel stands out is that, whatever quibbles people may have with him on the wing, he controls the ball so well and we’re able to suffocate opponents with him there and mahrez opposite. It’s oppressive for opponents and it seems to increase overall goal probability over the course of a match.

he’s shown he does have the pace and strength to be a winger. He destroyed Dortmund, PSG and Brighton last season on the wing. The Brighton game in particular he ran past most of there team. I must be watching a different player

long term he’ll be in midfield, but he’s consistently been great on the wing
Spot on

Thought Phil got his mojo back against Brighton , after his kicking in Madrid , i feel his talent is wasted as a false nine we dont get the best out of him in that position , he needs to be playing on the left or in the same position Merlin used to play.
Hopefully we get the striker we need in the summer then Phil will go from strength to strength

I've expected a bit more from Phil productivity wise. Should step up in the last weeks and score/assist more goals, starting with Real next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.