47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could pick out single mistakes for every single professional footballer. The fact is, mostly when he is given the ball he is surrounded by players or has his back to goal 30-40 yards out.

The amount of times he has been played the ball that puts him in a good position in which to attack has been sparing.
Disagree. He’s been one on one with fullbacks at times pretty much every game

Disagree. He’s been one on one with fullbacks at times pretty much every game

With someone helping out should he lose the ball and with an option to do something with the ball if he gets in to space? Infrequently and not enough, in my opinion.

I think he needs to be competing with Julian and Haaland in the forward spots rather than putting him on the wing.

When there is space behind and we played more with transitions, then I think his threat of crossing was more useful, but he doesn't really do it anymore, lacking confidence or no space.

The inverted wingers lately seems to be the go to, but Grealish and Mahrez are on fire and not really injury prone.

Drop KdB deeper, and let Foden focus on goals like last year in the false 9, similar to Haaland and Alvarez.

Bit of a crossroads/wake up call for our Phil.

To me he just looks like he has stagnated or even regressed a tad.

He is entering that stage of his career where he needs to be laying down his marker consistently and regularly,he is still the academy poster boy and he needs to live up to that billing.

I think putting a few pounds of muscle on will do him no harm,as currently he gets thrown around like a rag doll and his efforts to win 50/50's are cringeworthy.

He's Blue to the core,he'll soon be back on track.

I think he needs to be competing with Julian and Haaland in the forward spots rather than putting him on the wing.

When there is space behind and we played more with transitions, then I think his threat of crossing was more useful, but he doesn't really do it anymore, lacking confidence or no space.

The inverted wingers lately seems to be the go to, but Grealish and Mahrez are on fire and not really injury prone.

Drop KdB deeper, and let Foden focus on goals like last year in the false 9, similar to Haaland and Alvarez.
Grealish and Mahrez cannot play 2 games a week.

I hope he's okay.

"Not fully fit" covers a whole range of possibilities. Hopefully just a minor knock or something not feeling quite right and he'll soon be back with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.