47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played great, but he's made a very poor error that cost us points, wouldn't be surprised if pep sends him back to the bench

Am sure Haaland was offside and why Foden ran with the ball further once in the box he was in to minds to shoot or pass did neither his feet for all muggled up

Very good tonight, much improved on any performance since the world cup

I also don't think he should be criticised too much for messing up that chance. From where I was sat it looked like the ball bobbled up into his shin and squirmed away from him... Though he should maybe have passed it before the ball had the chance to bobble

Except that 1vs1 moment against Navas, when he could have assisted earlier or scored, he was up to his standards..

Fresh, energetic, confident, creative and lethal during 1vs1 situations against defenders..

I never doubted Phi's abilities and never will. One of our best players during the last 2-3 seasons..

Phil should be played regularly either as a RCM or RW or LW or LCM.. Gundo / Mahrez / KDB need to be rested and rotated due to age, but Phil is young and can handle that..

IMO he was the best player on the pitch today minus the obvious and costly mistake.

We’ve seldom seen him on the right this season and I’d be interested to see his g/min ratio whilst operating from there. He’s got a ping on him if he cuts inside and he has shown that he can do the fullback on the outside as well (Henderson at anfield, Lodi today.)

Mahrez is in great form atm, but I’d love to see Phil nail that spot down in the future. Had Foden not been so keen to impress today, his 1v1 decision making might have been clearer (I.e. perhaps less selfish.) Competition for places can work both ways in sport.

The ball got away from him because he wasn’t going to pass it, you could tell from his body positioning that he panicked about 5 yards before he fucked go.

Terrible really considering it’s basically rule number 1 in a Pep team that’s 2v1 with a keeper. And it’s not his first doing it this season.

Shame because he was great today other than that I thought.

I do think that he could have a shot himself there. It is different situation when he is on the left - then his does not have the big angle. But today it is really a chance that he can take. Or just pass it early bit.

Another chance is the one when he cut in and did not slot the ball to Gundo but choose to shot. It resulted a bounce off Navas and Halaand missed the chance twice. But I still think that slot the ball in first it would be a better chance.

Anyway I will not question Foden too much for decision making when the player only returns from an injury. It is more on Pep why not using subs a bit early on. I would say 60min is the max for anyone coming back from injury.

He would have been MOM if he had played the simple first time pass to Erling who was not, as some have said, offside. It was a really easy square pass and as he was ahead of Erling it would have been a tap in. I'm sure he'll know it more than us lot but it kind of spoiled a decent return to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.