47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Was really poor tonight but I cannot get my head round him and Bernie playing out wide and having Rico and Alvarez in the middle.

Pep goes out of his way to say why Foden cannot play in the middle and yet I am watching players not fit to lace his boots, playing in the middle instead of him. Just plain weird.

hilarious how foden is getting roasted here for playing a different position almost every match but alvarez can shit himself every fucking game and somehow no one cares.
I think it’s obvious to most that Alvarez isn’t special enough to play as a 10 and is leaving us far too open in midfield

Not even bothered about him going forward, hes not trackng back or putting a foot in. Why on earth would Pep play him in the middle?
Because he can take the ball under pressure, drive forward, pick a pass and is probably the closest player we have to KDB in the side.

I cannot understand how Pep watched Akanji, Stones and Rico get into dangerous central positions and do nothing but turn back and play it safe and prefer that to what Foden offers.

I think he has been crap since the international break to be honest.

He can't seem to even dribble past anyone at the moment which is his biggest asset. That said i would play him at number 10 with Kovacic and Rodri behind him next game and see what he can do.

I think he has been crap since the international break to be honest.

He can't seem to even dribble past anyone at the moment which is his biggest asset. That said i would play him at number 10 with Kovacic and Rodri behind him next game and see what he can do.
Think that burst of pace he developed a couple of years ago has almost completely disappeared. That’s massively effected his dribbling as he can’t get away from people and then doesn’t have the strength to hold them off.

He does something that takes your breath away once in about every 10 games so we know he’s got it in his locker but fails to deliver those levels in the majority of matches. So frustrating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.