47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Looked very good in the 10 and found some space in the pockets when it was very congested. Nice assist for Grealish, but a poor last 5 mins. Was more disappointed he lost the ball in the middle of the park trying to dribble with it just before the penalty than the actual challenge itself

The pass for our first goal was lovely but as is often the case with Foden he faded in and out of the game and I thought he was pretty anonymous for most of the second half.

In the last 10 minutes when Palace had to go for it and the game became more stretched he produced a couple of nice moments which seemed to give him the confidence to start taking players on. Unfortunately, this resulted in him losing the ball easily a couple of times including in injury time when he ran in to a congested area for no reason which started their attack that lead to the penalty. If he had just kept it simple the points were ours.

It's not all his fault though. I thought we should've made a change to the midfield way before they scored their first goal and it's not his fault that we conceded from the first chance our opponent had yet again.

Absolutely everything we did today, which wasnt anywhere near enough as a team,
came from him. They completely congested the space he was operating in but he's still come up with assists. Penalty was just one of those things, it isnt one to go laying blame on him for, He knows. Besides. Walker should have took control instead of standing still in the box.

Hasn't been electric but certain the brightest spark going forward. Needs to continue as the 10 with haaland infront of him and doku outside. That will give him plenty of space and targets.

I think Foden’s problem is that he’s a bit thick. He’s a terrific player, physically, but he makes too many stupid decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.