47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, he showed at the end why Pep won't play him centrally - he isn't strong enough.

Pep doesnt hold back with Phil he always gets it in the neck he takes a lot of criticism , Pep knows he's a local lad and will take all the shite he gives hom because he will never leave the club.
Would be nice if Pep slagged Haaland in public for missing over 20 clear cut chances this season, but that wont happen Haaland wouldnt put up with it and would move to Real in a heartbeat.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way...

To say "We didn't deserve to win because we gave up the penalty" feels wildly disingenuous from Pep and extremely simplistic when the problems are deeper and have been on display all season.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way...

To say "We didn't deserve to win because we gave up the penalty" feels wildly disingenuous from Pep and extremely simplistic when the problems are deeper and have been on display all season.
Phil was getting stuck in all over the pitch , its a pity our defence didnt do the same in the last five minutes , Phil shouldnt be in our box making last ditch tackles , if our defenders did their job it wouldnt of happened.

Unfortunately, he showed at the end why Pep won't play him centrally - he isn't strong enough.
He lost the ball at a poor moment but it had nothing to do with strength.

Even then, a lot happened between him losing the ball and then conceding the penalty. He's far from blameless but Pep more or less putting the dropping of two points all on him is shameful and I'm surprised more blues aren't upset at his comments, as I am.

I thought he played well for 70 minutes. His assist for Jack was brilliant.

Phil was getting stuck in all over the pitch , its a pity our defence didnt do the same in the last five minutes , Phil shouldnt be in our box making last ditch tackles , if our defenders did their job it wouldnt of happened.
Thank you. He's been busting a gut defensively more than ever this season in my eyes.

Christ there’s some awful posts over the last few pages, he made a mistake but he’s one of our very best and we are lucky to have him. He’ll be hurting as much as anyone if not more - the over the top reactions this evening are comical.
Suspect a lot of the negativity is from out of towners , who do not realise how much that error will hurt Phil , playing for his boyhood cllub and how much it means for a local lad to pull on our blue shirt and then costing them two points it will give him sleepless nights.

Keep playing him in the middle or he will never reach his full potential. He ain’t a winger will never be. There‘s a RW at Eindhoven who might be the next big thing. If Doku is exciting Bakayoko definitely is too. He won’t get better if he barely plays there. Wirtz as an example got the full support of his club to play and start there after Havertz left. We should do the same and let Foden play at that position. But after this game who knows what Pep is gonna do with him. If I was him I would be fed up by now. Doesn’t matter if I was at the club since I was like 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.