47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 more league starts for Phil since I posted that. A further 2 MOTM performances from the 5 (Spurs h & Everton a) and a very good 2nd (Luton a) and still people are moaning.

Takes his league MOTM performances up to 7. Closest to him are Bernie with 3 and Doku with 2. No other player has more than 1.

I'm sick of the "he needs to step up" bollocks this season on Bluemoon and particularly on the match threads. To repeat, he has been consistently good this year and no other player comes close.
The post above was made after Everton (a) and Phil has now had 2 more MOTMs since them - Sheff U last week and Huddersfield today.

Running Totals for this season:

• Premier League - 8 MOTMs from 17 starts
  • Champions League - 2 MOTMs from 4 starts
  • FA CUP - 1 MOTM from 1 start.

So, MOTM in 11 of 22 starts there. What a fucking player :)

In recent seasons only KDB has had this level of consistency (the 2nd half of 21/22).

Looks like hes taken the next step. Been another level consistently since Everton. Him in this form and kev in the same team!! Man its exciting.

I can't repeat what everyone else has already said enough - this season, particularly the last few weeks, it feels like Phil has gone up a level.

I think many of us, if not most, had questions at some point or the other about Pep's plans for Phil, but at the moment it looks like the manager has pulled it off perfectly.

On current form, he is the best player in the world for me.

He is simply at the highest level on all metrics like finishing, passing, dribbling, controlling the tempo.

If Phil could just maintain this level from here on out, he probably will become the best player in the world.

Extremely happy he is starting to take control of games, that's all I've wanted from him because the talent has never been in doubt.

Extremely gifted player and I think at times in the past he has let games pass him by more than his talent should allow, maybe that's his age too but now he's really maturing and I think he has full belief in his ability to really have a grip on the game.

If England don't build a team around him and Bellingham until the end of the decade, they don't deserve to win anything.
No. He has not let games pass him by.

The full showcase of Phil Fodens talents...can only be seen in central midfield.

You cannot control a game,playing left or right wing...or .for that matter
Deep lying centre forward ( The Revie Plan- enshrined in City s history)

We have a manager who plays a certain way...when he came to our club he already had The KDB..operating on another level...dictating our football. Foden has had to wait his turn to take on the orchestra role,and he has done exactly what Pep has asked of him,in varied onfield posistions.

If you take a look back,...to the 16 year old Foden, making his debut for Manchester City ,in a pre season friendly, in America...in front of 80k fans,Pep played him,deliberatly ,in centre midfield, alomg side the great Yaya Toure. During the match Yaya and Phil exchange heated views, this shows the confidence of our home grown player....playing centre mid..and skipping ,effortlessly past world cup winner Paul Pogba,.. playing instinctive 1st time passes with either foot, the young magician announced himself in an astonishing manner,weaving in and out of challenges with incredible dexterity..I watched the match live, and was astonished.

So was Pep...whose post ,match commemts on the player wearing the no.80 shirt ..made everyone in world football sit up and take notice.

He said..that is the best debut,I've ever seen by a young player in my whole career. ..
Either you saw this match..or you didn't....anyone with an eye for talent could see the 16 year old Wizzard was completely at home,in his natural posistion,mixing it with h the likes of Yaya and Pogba...in the 42 nd minute of this match ,young Phil ...ghosted into space in an advanced position, received a pass..and let rip with a venomous shot which one of the best goal keepers in the world,desperately beat away....
( it actually reminded me of KDBs debut at Crystal Palace when coming on as sub, within 5 mins he unleashed a rocket shot from 20 yards which was straight down the Palace keepers throat, Wow!!)

These are players who,in a central position, cause real damage to the oppenent....

Pep will have obviously noted Fodens ability ,but with The Belgian Bomber in situ ..,in a brilliant City team...Foden has had to wait for his chance. ..

Everton and Huddersfield ( two Great teams from the past...) now know that Foden in centre mid is practically unplayable..

The challenge for Pep,and Foden now is for the lad to do it against the really top teams....,from centre midfield.

Some City fans really don't understand how dangerous a genuinely two footed ,highly talented player is in the centre of the park......

Well,imo,... your about to find out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.