47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole team has shown a huge improvement from where they were a couple of months ago
,and there is still a lot more to come.
Not sure what your point is....This is how Peps teams have performed season in season out since he's been our manager.
I could say that I’m not sure if you’ve been watching Foden over the past couple of months…

Yes, the team is playing better, although we’ve hardly had the hardest opposition over the past couple of weeks.

My point is that Foden in particular has shown a major turnaround in his form, over and above his teammates, and his contribution is a key reason why the results have improved overall.

Before the trip to Saudi, he looked to be playing within himself and not influencing the game as much as a player of his talent should, drifting in and out of games. Over the past month, he’s taken more responsibility and driven the team himself from the midfield, notably at Everton where he was outstanding and also today.

I don’t really understand how anyone can’t see how much better he’s playing now compared to the start of last month.

With Foden, Kane, Bellingham, Alexander-Arnold and Saka, Southgate will have to go some to not at least get England to the Euros final regardless of how average his is.

Foden is everything anyone English wished an England player could be 20 years ago.

Extremely happy he is starting to take control of games, that's all I've wanted from him because the talent has never been in doubt.

Extremely gifted player and I think at times in the past he has let games pass him by more than his talent should allow, maybe that's his age too but now he's really maturing and I think he has full belief in his ability to really have a grip on the game.

If England don't build a team around him and Bellingham until the end of the decade, they don't deserve to win anything.

Extremely happy he is starting to take control of games, that's all I've wanted from him because the talent has never been in doubt.

Extremely gifted player and I think at times in the past he has let games pass him by more than his talent should allow, maybe that's his age too but now he's really maturing and I think he has full belief in his ability to really have a grip on the game.

If England don't build a team around him and Bellingham until the end of the decade, they don't deserve to win anything.

Pity he has to be anywhere near as limited a manager as Gareth fucking Southgate !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.