47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

If we play Kovacic/Bernardo - KDB - Rodri in the middle, I get having Phil as a winger, but not for Rodri- Alvarez- KDB!! At home we should go for Rodri- Foden- KDB and away for Rodri- Kovacic/Bernardo- KDB

LMAO. It's a good thing we're putting POTY out to the wing so we can shoehorn Alvarez, right, lads?

I've been saying for months that Pep is playing favourites, and there was truth to the rumours that Alarez wasn't happy with his limited role last season.

Last edited:
LMAO. It's a good thing we're putting POTY out to the wing so we can shoehorn Alvarez, right lad?!

I've been saying for months that Pep is playing favorites, and there was truth to the rumors that Alarez wasn't happy with his limited role last season.

Both have contributed about the same goals/assists so far.

Both were poor today.

Both will have much better performances in the next games.

Both have contributed about the same goals/assists so far.

Both were poor today.

Both will have much better performances in the next games.
My point is there's zero chance that an academy player would have gotten the long leash that Alvarez has over the season. His G/A numbers are wildly flattering IMO.

We do not have a proper right wing, Pep has no other option other than tinkering with Foden or Bernardo.
Doku and Bobb are both proper right wingers. They played mostly on RW before this season. Nunes can play on both wings when required as Wolves.

(Yes Doku was terrible when he was on RW for the first several games but recently he played okay on RW on some rare occasions)

Pep just never really insisted on Doku Bobb or Nunes to play RW. So that most city fans will accept the logic that either Foden and Bernado has to play RW.

Foden was forced to play RW to accommodate Alvarez. But pep will not force Doku or Nunes on RW to accommodate Foden.

its always bit strange with Pep and wingers.

we never saw Mahrez play from the left in all his years imo just from the right.
also we never will see Grealish play anything else just a left winger. not even try him from the right once ever imo.

so Foden is lucky as he already played left winger, right winger, false 9 few times, also centrally as a midfielder, left back too. :)

now its bit of a strange timing that Foden bailed us out with his goals last few weeks, also come out and say he is happy with the more central role and improved a lot in it also is in great scoring form and as a result he is put back to wing.

given Bellingham was our main target for Txiki, if he had arrived Foden would have got even less chances centrally so long term not sure Foden will be played centrally. maybe when KDb leaves or Pep...

My point is there's zero chance that an academy player would have gotten the long leash that Alvarez has over the season. His G/A numbers are wildly flattering IMO.
Disagree, Haaland this season has often done little defensive work/pressing and Alvarez's work for the team is extortionary and don't underestimate his goals, without them we would not be in the title race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.