47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

He’s better than Alvarez in the middle. Seem to be losing out though and forced out wide to accommodate others - even though he’s been great coming into the middle

Pep beat Manager ever!

So am trying to rack my Brains why Foden is on the right and Alvarez in the middle? Only thing I can think of is work rate and getting back quicker to close down and if foden is in the middle against a side that have a lot of runners and dirty wankers he won't have the ball enough or when he has it they'd be 2/3 players on him! Having him on the right pep might think he is more influential and keep that side well occupied! Foden probably be in the middle Tuesday

My mind is still boggled on this one!He was probably in his best form to date before being shifted wide.If ever there was a case for ‘if it’s not fucked,then don’t fix it’,but I suppose that’s just not Pep is it…

Awful yesterday, I hope he wasn’t taking the hump because he was asked to play out wide? Some games that will happen especially with Kev back.

Did nothing all game. Really surprised.

My mind is still boggled on this one!He was probably in his best form to date before being shifted wide.If ever there was a case for ‘if it’s not fucked,then don’t fix it’,but I suppose that’s just not Pep is it…
Scores hat-trick while playing centrally

Gets pushed out to the wing for the next three matches

I mean, think about that. Many shit in my hat when I made a post asking if Phil is treated differently because he's an academy product rather than a player who was purchased, and fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Still, I don't see how you can't see it even a little.

I mean, think about that. Many shit in my hat when I made a post asking if Phil is treated differently because he's an academy product rather than a player who was purchased, and fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Still, I don't see how you can't see it even a little.
Can’t see what exactly?Am I missing something,or do you just want someone to shit in my hat too?I’d say he could possibly be treated differently but that wasn’t really my point.I could understand the kid being frustrated,put it that way..

Can’t see what exactly?Am I missing something,or do you just want someone to shit in my hat too?I’d say he could possibly be treated differently but that wasn’t really my point.I could understand the kid being frustrated,put it that way..
I agree with you, mate. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I can't imagine how frustrated he is. He's waited years, quite literally, for his opportunity centrally, takes it with both hands and still gets stuck out wide to make way for other players who haven't had to live up to nearly the same standards that he seemingly has.

I agree with you, mate. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I can't imagine how frustrated he is. He's waited years, quite literally, for his opportunity centrally, takes it with both hands and still gets stuck out wide to make way for other players who haven't had to live up to nearly the same standards that he seemingly has.
I agree that Phil will have been disappointed and perhaps should not have been moved from the #10 role when KDB returned.
But, the 2 forward players behind Harland yesterday were KDB & Alvarez.
One (if fully match fit) is probably the best Premier League midfield player of the last 5 years ?
The other has won the World Cup (as well as City's trophy haul) and scores a lot of goals.
So Phil has a tough job dislodging either.
Personally, I'd use Alvarez as a sub, put Phil in his central position,with Bernardo on the right flank.
But, I thought Phil definitely improved yesterday when he moved more inside when Alvarez was subbed...

Well Pep’s a mad scientist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.