47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Phil,

Just that sense when he picks up the ball in space on the half turn.

The situation changes in an instant.

Possibly drunk, but it’s Messi esq.

Not that I believe he will reach those levels, but he could be the nearest England ever have to him.

Keep going Phil, time to stay grounded and do your work, good things will continue to happen.

Love Phil,

Just that sense when he picks up the ball in space on the half turn.

The situation changes in an instant.

Possibly drunk, but it’s Messi esq.

Not that I believe he will reach those levels, but he could be the nearest England ever have to him.

Keep going Phil, time to stay grounded and do your work, good things will continue to happen.

There's no other player in our team that can take that ball, get it onto their stronger foot and get that shot away as quickly as Foden can do it. It's remarkable really, its like he does it all in one motion, I doubt you can really teach it. Its just as impressive as the strike.

There isn't a player in the world that takes the ball as well as him right now.

I don’t care what Thierry Henry says, Phil has been world class since the beginning of last year.

The fact people keep saying Bellingham is world class on the back of a half season purple patch is just another indication that the vast majority of fans and pundits have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

Keep living the dream, Phil, for all of us that never got close to your heights.

I don’t care what Thierry Henry says, Phil has been world class since the beginning of last year.

The fact people keep saying Bellingham is world class on the back of a half season purple patch is just another indication that the vast majority of fans and pundits have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

Keep living the dream, Phil, for all of us that never got close to your heights.

That's why I never rate players on the back of a purple patch. Even Rashford would look a world beater if you only ever saw him play for a few months a year ago, but we know overall he's simply not that good.

I think Bellingham is a good player, but not close to the player he's hyped to be. I don't really see any outstanding qualities to his game. Maybe I'm missing something.

I think when the dust settles in a few years and everything is not being spoken about in context of him being young, then he'll just be a very competent midfielder but nothing special.

Great goal. Otherwise pretty poor you can live with that because he has those moments of brilliance in him

I think we struggled to get him into the game for large parts of it.

Rodri and Stones were below par and were sloppy with the ball and i think that lack of control made us disjointed, so we couldn't really get Foden into the game enough, which has a knock on effect because it means we can't create much around the box.

Play with better control next week and Foden will be in the game much more

Bit of an average game from Phil, and I don't think it's a surprise that his performance over the 90 directly reflects that's of the team, he is beginning to drive the team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.