47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Tired of the media slating Foden because he cant establlish himself in our team , name any young english player who would be a regular in our side , there isnt any , they would all be rotated , Rice , Saka and others would suffer the same treatment.
Phil was amazing against Newcastle , i havent seen a better performance from him in that position , but Pep could drop him for the next game , because he selects teams to beat the opposition and that changes every week , any idiot pundits who thinks he has to play every week when he is among many world class players are just shit stirring and hoping that Phil fails.
He has been fighting for a first team place for 5 years and he will probably be involved in over 40 games for the best team in the world and i am sure he is quite happy playing a part at a football club that is now a winning machine, he could play for the Goons/Rags/Dipper and play every week guaranteed , but he will not win f*ck all.

Thought he was exceptional last night, with more time in that role I don’t doubt he’ll get even better with his final ball, knowing when to shoot etc,

Only thing he could improve on for me otherwise is maybe getting a bit stronger so he can ride off some of challenges on the shoulder like Kev does

Interesting you should mention some other top attacking midfielders there. Some of the best midfielders ever were not in the same place as Foden at that age.

Playing for the best team in the world. 5 league titles to his name, 4 league cups, 2 FA cups and a Champions league. 130 league appearances in 6 years with 35 league goals. A season where he was unfit for half it and still scored 11 goals. Absolutely incredible.

Rivaldo had only just got to Europe aged 23, he signed for Deportivo from Palmeras.

Ronaldinho was going into his second year at PSG. The previous season he had scored 9 goals in a poor French league, and that year he scored 8 goals. He was no way near world class.

Zidane was still at Bordeaux, he only scored 6 goals that year and the previous year scored 6 too. In fact, he never scored 11 league goals in a season, in his entire career.

Maradona was in his second year in Europe with Barcelona. The previous year, he scored 11 goals, that year, he scored 11 goals. He hadn’t won anything of note at that age.

You could literally keep rattling them off. Very few players are the finished article at 23. Foden is exactly at the development stage he should be at.

You only have to look at him on the ball, the way he glides with it and his intelligence. That’s a very special young man. If he kicks it up a few levels with a good run in midfield, as one of our most important players. He could become world class pretty quickly.
Both David Silva and KDB were 2 years older than Phil when we signed them, and both needed a bit of time to settle before they became considered best in the league. Iniesta's Pep era peak was a similar age to both of Silva's and KDBs, around 26ish. Very few players have a Messi like breakthrough, and even fewer when you're playing the CAM role that he is starting to look comfortable in. It's hard to be patient with him, but he's still probably 2 or 3 seasons, a bit of body mass, and a bit more learning away from his peak years with us.

Tired of the media slating Foden because he cant establlish himself in our team , name any young english player who would be a regular in our side , there isnt any , they would all be rotated , Rice , Saka and others would suffer the same treatment.
Phil was amazing against Newcastle , i havent seen a better performance from him in that position , but Pep could drop him for the next game , because he selects teams to beat the opposition and that changes every week , any idiot pundits who thinks he has to play every week when he is among many world class players are just shit stirring and hoping that Phil fails.
He has been fighting for a first team place for 5 years and he will probably be involved in over 40 games for the best team in the world and i am sure he is quite happy playing a part at a football club that is now a winning machine, he could play for the Goons/Rags/Dipper and play every week guaranteed , but he will not win f*ck all.
I agree with every word. The media in the UK are so stupid it is unbelievable. Why any player would want to flog themselves to death playing 60+ games a season is beyond me. I am genuinely concerned of our over reliance of Rodri and hope we can ease the burden on him this season. Foden is a generational talent and City’s development of him has been exemplary - both physically & tactically.The media should be pointing this out and explaining how Phil & England benefit from this instead they criticise as they are instructed to do - wankers!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.