47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Maybe you can't read too much into one game...but his performance did show what an incredibly gifted player he is. His long runs through the centre of Newcastle's defence were so great to see. I could feel his confidence growing during the game as he glided past players and produced wonderful passes. To me he also looked physically stronger and faster. He will be in the team every week now and this could well be a magical season for Phil...there is no doubt that he has the potential to be one of the best.

Just to echo.

His half turn control then go forward move is a sight to behold.

Havent seen any player in the top divisons move like that for ages (David being the last).

On a better day for Haaland, Foden has 3 assists and pundits are bigging up that performance even more.

The genius of the role is that opposition seem to have a list of who to mark in our team in the centre attacking spots.

1. Haaland? We cant put 1 CB on him thats suicide, put 2 on him.

2. Alvarez? That guy has a banger in him so mark him tightly.

3. Foden? Oh, he is not as much a goal threat so whoever is left can mark him.

I suspect we will see not too many goals from Foden this year. He will be tough to mark if the other 2 are marked already meaning Foden will find space.

Then once he gets the ball he will be feared with what he can do with it and be quickly rushed leaving a gap foe the other 2.

Foden assisting Haaland or Alvarez, im gonna say he will do that atleast 20 times this season if all are fit.

My only worry is that Pep doesn’t rate that performance as highly as the rest of us.

Very difficult to fault Pep during his time here but he does seem to hold Foden to a different standard.

Anyway, my worry is probably unfounded, Foden was excellent both offensively and defensively (something Pep usually mentions as a reason he doesn’t play in the middle more often).

I’m hoping last night’s performance is enough to make City not but another AM because I don’t think there are any in the world any better than Phil in that position.
I presume you mean..Phil Foden is world class?
I agree.

My only worry is that Pep doesn’t rate that performance as highly as the rest of us.

Very difficult to fault Pep during his time here but he does seem to hold Foden to a different standard.

Anyway, my worry is probably unfounded, Foden was excellent both offensively and defensively (something Pep usually mentions as a reason he doesn’t play in the middle more often).

I’m hoping last night’s performance is enough to make City not but another AM because I don’t think there are any in the world any better than Phil in that position.
That would be a worry but did you see the exchange between Phil and Pep at the end?
Pep was clearly complimentary and said something that gave Phil a welcome surprise. Phil’s expression was like “Did Pep really just say that?”

That would be a worry but did you see the exchange between Phil and Pep at the end?
Pep was clearly complimentary and said something that gave Phil a welcome surprise. Phil’s expression was like “Did Pep really just say that?”
"Just between you and me, Kevin is out for 6 months, hush hush!"

What you’d like to see and what the best manager in the world would like to see regarding what the wingers role is are completely different.
One has won 4 trophies in the last 12 months and one calls themselves football manager on the internet,
We don’t do ‘old school style’
Made me chuckle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.