47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here again to talk about his piss poor tracking back. You cannot just give up. I'm sure those same people will jump on me for it
He’s awful at tracking back. I’m not sure if he’s just lazy or can’t/won’t do it. Whatever it is he needs to start fouling if he’s not going to track back

Got shut down by Wolves. Will give him a pass as he had alot more good games than bad, I remember even David Silva got marked out of the game by Rodwell once.

Lots of hyperbole around here. Phil is still one of our most consistent performers.
If i’m thinking about the same game was that when David then provided an absolutely world class assist?

If i’m thinking about the same game was that when David then provided an absolutely world class assist?
Honestly can't remember much about that game, it was such a long time ago, just it was against Moyes' Everton. All I remember was our usually influential and consistent David having an ineffectual overall game.

Should be offering more than he is IMO. One week he’s unplayable, lighting games up, getting in good positions and the next he’s anonymous and relying on others to make things happen.

He’s young, yes, but has about 5/6 years of playing now and should be doing it more consistently. Because he’s being played every week now.
They were saying the same about Rashford at 22/23 and are still saying the same things now.

One thing that seems to have left him is the extra pace he developed after using that sprint coach. I was really surprised when he probably played his best and most consistent football for us on the left 2/3 years ago. That he was getting away from quick fullbacks and they weren’t able to catch him even over some decent distances. Now unless it’s a Dan Burn type cart horse when he drops a shoulder he’s no longer getting away from most players like he was.

As for chasing back after 10 yards he looks like he’s in treacle.

Foden is a wonderful talent but one who is still learning and still developing, including physically. His touch is good, but when you play in a midfield as congested as yesterday’s, then it has to be better than good, and that is an aspect he needs to work on.

As for the tracking back, we don’t know what orders players such as he and Doku are under, so they might not be expected to run the length each time, especially when we have such experienced defenders. That said, it was noticeable that Kovacic made it back into our six-yard box for their first goal.

I'm here again to talk about his piss poor tracking back. You cannot just give up. I'm sure those same people will jump on me for it
I like Foden as a player but agree with an earlier post that he passed up the opportunity to stop Neto near the halfway line in the attack for their first goal, he got close enough to touch him but attempted neither a tackle nor a foul.

Foden is a wonderful talent but one who is still learning and still developing, including physically. His touch is good, but when you play in a midfield as congested as yesterday’s, then it has to be better than good, and that is an aspect he needs to work on.

As for the tracking back, we don’t know what orders players such as he and Doku are under, so they might not be expected to run the length each time, especially when we have such experienced defenders. That said, it was noticeable that Kovacic made it back into our six-yard box for their first goal.
Good points. On the tracking back front though when you’ve just lost the ball and are completely in the shit against a quick winger i highly doubt Pep says don’t bother to stop the counter on half way and then after that just completely give up and save your energy Phil lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.