47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed him to get into space, not stuck in the same area as Haaland and Alvarez. Not really liking him tucking in as far as he does. Either play him out wide or play him in the middle, not stuck between both.
That's meant to give him the freedom to pick the right pockets to slot into. He clearly failed at it today.

He'll have more space against Leipzig and Arsenal. But this was very disappointing.

I don’t like what’s happening with Foden. Not saying it’s the end of the world but we are not getting the best out of him. No Kev or Bernie and he is still pushed to the wing for nunes and kova. The lad needs to be constantly played in the Am role. The changing positions over the last few seasons was fine but he now needs a regular position. Phil is a good 6/7 out of ten anywhere on the pitch. His potential is higher and pep needs to do more for him.

Winger seems to be his position with us. The game today was crying out for a player making passes from deep. If I was him, I would be asking questions now. His versatility is not helping him kick on. Txiki needs to find a new AM. Waste of time.

Shocking, games like this are the ones that Foden should now be dominating.

He is a senior player now, not a young inexperienced kid.

He should be taking the game the the scruff of the neck and dictating play, it's games like this that put a question mark over him, an incredible natural talent but one that goes missing far to often.

Should be offering more than he is IMO. One week he’s unplayable, lighting games up, getting in good positions and the next he’s anonymous and relying on others to make things happen.

He’s young, yes, but has about 5/6 years of playing now and should be doing it more consistently. Because he’s being played every week now.

Very inconsistent to be ever considered as a top player MOTM last week awful this week

Just my opinion but I think when everyone is fit, he doesn’t make it into the best XI, especially towards the business end of the season.

Bernie would reprise the RW position and KDB would come back into the #10 role. Jack/Doku on the left and Foden doesn’t play in the pivot.

So it’s really on him to take advantage of these injuries and step up to make it impossible for pep to even contemplate dropping him and to cement himself in our 11 like KDB or Haaland.

Very inconsistent to be ever considered as a top player MOTM last week awful this week

What? He’s already considered a top player

He’s been one of our best players this season and consistently made a difference. Haaland, Rodri and others haves also been inconsistent at times as well.

I can’t believe the amount of reactionary posts like this. Let’s just ignore all of this good play and motm performances and focus on this game. We won 6/7 games and in quite a few of them he’s been our best player.

Got shut down by Wolves. Will give him a pass as he had alot more good games than bad, I remember even David Silva got marked out of the game by Rodwell once.

Lots of hyperbole around here. Phil is still one of our most consistent performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.