47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the above,its only shit because this **** has made it so.

Under a progressive tactician who can recognise the best players at his disposal,we would be a joy to watch.......a bonus for football fans rather than a nuisance and a bore - we would be something the countries football fans deserve.

I used to adore watching England under Venables and Robson.
Yeah fair enough.

I did enjoy it more when we were shit.

I think nowadays because of social media there is a toxicity around England fans of a younger generation- using international breaks to snipe rival clubs' players and push the agendas of their own clubs players. Absolutely despise it. Probably a big reason as to why Bellingham can do no wrong in the eyes of English fans atm.

Hopefully if anything it fuels PWF's fire, I would throw a wobbler and let it be to the detriment of my game probably, and that's one of many reasons as to why i'm not an international sports star.

Yeah fair enough.

I think nowadays because of social media there is a toxicity around England fans of a younger generation- using international breaks to snipe rival clubs' players and push the agendas of their own clubs players. Absolutely despise it. Probably a big reason as to why Bellingham can do no wrong in the eyes of English fans atm.

Hopefully if anything it fuels PWF's fire, I would throw a wobbler and let it be to the detriment of my game probably, and that's one of many reasons as to why i'm not an international sports star.

I don't think much has changed there. I think it's the Englishman's mentality to moan and whinge about any sporting side that's put in. A player is either brilliant or shite, there's little middle ground and we usually desire high class performances over results, until we lose! And when we do we're quick to claim how it's all down to not picking a certain player or formation. I thought Southgate got it right in the World Cup. We were better than France, but ultimately Maguire didn't defend well enough to stop Giroud from scoring and Kane missed his second penalty. Fine margins, and overall that French team is better than ours. The England squad is good, nothing more. We have 3 world class players and then a few more pushing that level.

The main issue for me is his hypocritical application of "experience" or ability in certain positions. He's played Walker at RCB when he doesn't play there for City. He's picked Saka at wing back when he stopped playing there for Arsenal long before. Trippier at LB. Yet Foden in the middle seems to be a complete crime. I don't understand it. The man played there in a CL final, has won the lot and is coached by the best manager in the world. He should be telling the squad to trust him and give him the ball.

Sadly Southgate is defensive so will always prefer what he sees as extra control with someone like Henderson alongside Rice as opposed to more energy and attacking impetus from a Foden and Bellingham combination. I don't know why, because we never seem better defensively with them in there and lose a lot in attack. He wants to be more of a counter attacking team, but with Kane that's difficult because he doesn't press and rarely has enough support.

Southgate once again making shit excuses up to shaft Phil because it’s personal with him.

It’s always personal with Southgate, he doesn’t pick on ability, he picks players on what he perceives to be moral reasons - Saka because he’s the sort of player he wants his girlfriend to bring home, Rashford for “feeding” the 10,000, Henderson for his now hypocritical stance on equality issues,
Maguire because loyalty runs deep etc etc.
Maguire and moral dont belong in the same universe even in a moron's mind

Yeah fair enough.

I must be alone in finding him a very unlikable character, not sure why but I’m sure he’s a wrongun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.