47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Phils the least of our worries right now
Disagree. The concern should be that he's played about 200 games for us, and yet doesn't seem to be able to try and take control of a game when we need him.

Some blues want him to play centrally, and I can't get my head around why.

He's a hot and cold player, like most decent footballers. He's just never going to be world class as he doesn't perform well consistently. Rodri and Kev are examples of world class, Foden will never be in that conversation.

Second time he has been subbed when there were far worse performers on the pitch , he is being treated as a scapegoat by Pep and would love to know why , maybe Phil is an easy touch and doesnt rock the boat but he will only take so much of being treated like this
Why didn’t pep give him a crack centrally after taking Alvarez off

Disagree. The concern should be that he's played about 200 games for us, and yet doesn't seem to be able to try and take control of a game when we need him.

He's a hot and cold player, like most decent footballers. He's just never going to be world class as he doesn't perform well consistently. Rodri and Kev are examples of world class, Foden will never be in that conversation.
I disagree that he should play centrally
He’s a wide player and one of our best players

Because I am watching Rico Lewis and Julian Alvarez play there instead. It’s one thing arguing that Phil has to play wide to accommodate the likes of Gundogan and KDB, but watching him pushed wide to accommodate those with a fraction of his ability sticks in the throat somewhat.

I thought it was absolutely absurd for Phil to be taken off tonight. He wasn't perfect but was one of the few who looked to have actual moments of quality.

It's getting tiring seeing him being taken off when others aren't performing. It's equally tiring seeing a #9 play ahead of him in the number #8.

Because I am watching Rico Lewis and Julian Alvarez play there instead. It’s one thing arguing that Phil has to play wide to accommodate the likes of Gundogan and KDB, but watching him pushed wide to accommodate those with a fraction of his ability sticks in the throat somewhat.
Oh I can't disagree with that at all, but the same comments were made last season as well.

There's a reason he doesn't play centrally, and only Pep knows the reasoning.

Ultimately, he's largely ineffective, but will have moments in games. Today he was probably our most experienced attacking player, but went missing and was dragged off when we needed a goal.

Played in 3 different positions in the last 3 games. His best performance and the one game we won was due to his influence inside.

Sorry Pep I’m not buying it that he can’t be trusted there when Alvarez is the alternative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.